The ALS Association is looking for a Vice President, Communications (pdf) with 10+ years of senior level experience in the PR/communications and marketing field with a proven track record in managing, executing & measuring of communications projects.
The Herald Group is looking for a Public Affairs Director hire w/ 5-7 years’ communications experience; agency or public policy background preferred; energetic self-starters & resourceful problem solvers particularly valued.
Recent opportunities from the League of Conservation Voters:
- Senior Vice President, Campaigns – at least ten years campaign experience required, preferably working on environmental issues – apply by Feb. 21
- Communications Coordinator – 1-2 years’ experience required in external communications/media relations or journalism, preferably in a campaign, government or advocacy setting – apply by Feb. 24
Mystery DC strategic communications firm seeks Director, Digital Content with exceptional writing ability, a solid design eye & relevant experience in the digital marketing, political campaign and/or public affairs space – $65k-$90k – also looking to hire for a deputy role – search managed by our friends at Brainstorm Creative Resources.
The Center for the Study of Social Policy has passed along this Associate Director (pdf) post tasked with leading work related to improving life outcomes for young children and their families – seeking candidates with 10+ years’ related experience public or non-profit setting and/or in implementing or managing complex community or systems change processes – apply by Feb. 24
Public affairs & communications consulting firm Blakey & Agnew seeks an Account Coordinator with strong research, writing & organizational skills – mid $30k
- Virginia Democrat – Staff Assistant/Legislative Correspondent
- Energy & Commerce Committee, Democratic Staff – Staff Assistant
- Unspecified Committee, Republican Staff – Staff Assistant
- Office of the House Clerk – Public Information Specialist – to $57k – apply by Mar. 3
- Rep. Alma Adams (D-NC) – District Director – Charlotte, NC
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) – Healthcare Policy Fellow
- Rep. Jim Renacci (R-OH) – Intern
- Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-NY) – Intern
- Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY) – Press Intern
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN) – Legislative Intern and Communications Intern
- Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-CA) – Intern – apply by Feb. 17
- Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) – Intern
- Rep. Dave Loebsack (D-IA) – Intern
- Rep. Derek Kilmer (D-WA) – Intern
- Wisconsin Democrat – Intern
- Democratic MoC – Intern – 6-month term – $2k/mo.
Exponent Philanthropy – Content Associate (pdf) – experience in an admin and/or programmatic capacity at a nonprofit organization & strong writing/organizational skills desired.
The University of California seeks DC-based Legislative Analyst with 2+ or more years of experience researching complex subject matter in an advocacy or governmental relations setting – apply by Feb. 24
Thomas Fordham Institute
Director of Policy Development and Programming to lead their Economic, Workplace & Environmental Regulation and Separation of Powers efforts – JD degree & 5-10 years’ experience desired.
Cigna – PAC Manager – 3-5 years’ experience in political fundraising/PAC management required
Jewish Institute for National Security of America – Digital Communications Associate – 3 years’ experience working in a digital role in legislative or executive branch; public affairs agency; political campaign; corporation; think tank; or trade association desired.
Communications Associate – part-time – $22k – 2+ years’ PR marketing experience and social media & web analytics skills desired.
University of Virginia – Director of Communications supporting the Batten School of Leadership & Public Policy – $75k-$95k – Charlottesville, Va.