The gurus at iWeb Strategies are in search mode for a Project Manager who can handle a broad range of assignments related to online political work. Internet strategy or website management experience, along with HTML and Photoshop skills, are required; WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla chops would be a plus. Heart of Old Town Alexandria location.
The Brookings Institution will be accepting resumes until May 15 for their Project Assistant opening with the Saban Center for Middle East Policy. Event management and administration of the Doha Center website are among chief responsibilities. Fluency in written and spoken Arabic preferred; familiarity with Middle Eastern issues desirable. Salary in upper $30k bracket.
Turn down the volume (or pump it up, if that’s your thing) when you visit the Primal Marketing Group site to look for some kind of marketing/sales opportunity (see careers), where commitments to brands and suppliers require us to expedite expansion plans for the US market both divisionally and geographically.
Are you good in a state-of-flux sort of environment? The American Medical Student Association and Foundation note an immediate opening for a Communications and Marketing Senior Director to be tasked with leading and growing a reorganized department within an organizational structure that is being realigned. Our guess is that outside HR/organizational-change consultants were somehow involved.
In addition to the Vice President for Program & Policy position we referenced yesterday, the Education Trust is also in search of:
- Administrative Assistant, Government Affairs
- Higher Education Research & Policy Analyst
- Communications Specialist
- Manager, New Media
- Development Associate (note: pdf link)
- Online Community Organizer (pdf)
- Organizer (pdf)
- Interns (pdf) - multiple program areas
Alternative/renewable energy consultants Technology Transition Corp. are in the market for an Intern to assist with development/improvement of client marketing materials and websites. $1,500 stipend for a full Summer’s worth of your labor.
The Claire Booth Luce Institute – preparing and promoting women conservative leaders since 1993 – and currently looking for a detail-oriented Assistant to the President as well as an experienced Development Officer (scroll down).
VPPPA (Voluntary Protection Programs Participants’ Association) wants their next Communications & Outreach Coordinator to, well, support their efforts in all aspects of communications and outreach activities. And, successful candidate should require minimal supervision, but nonetheless have ability to work well under supervision.
Fannie Mae is in need of a Director, Strategic Planning (search job number 23311 or DC location) to work with CFO to assure the overall execution of key organizational responsibilities. This position is probably outside of our usual public affairs jobs wheelhouse, bur perhaps one of you loyal readers have the financial services industry experience, project management skills and knowledge of the secondary mortgage market they covet.
The United States Conference of Bishops has an officious-sounding Executive Assistant to the General Secretary (note: pdf link) opening – in their also-officious-sounding Office of the General Secretariat. Spanish/Italian language skills would be helpful, and a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy required. And, speaking of diplomacy, they are also in search of a Foreign Policy Advisor (also pdf) to help weigh the moral and religious dimensions of US policy on Latin American and global trade. This link might also be helpful in finding application/submission info.
For those of you looking southward, we bring you three in NC:
- North Carolina State University seeks an exceptional leader as its Chief Communications Officer and Associate Vice Chancellor for University Communications (pretty sure that’s the first “Chancellor” job we’ve found). Based in Raleigh, of course. Search managed by Heyman Associates.
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center would be happy to admit a Vice President, Communications & Marketing to develop and guide all media relations, internal communications and marketing for their multi-hospital system. Winston Salem location, also by Heyman Associates.
- The University of North Carolina-Greensboro needs a special someone to be Special Assistant for Federal Relations – Greensboro-based, DC travel expected – apply by May 31
To close out your work week, please enjoy these not-too-far-flung opportunities we found with our job-search tool of the day – the Media Bistro jobs board. Note: you have to register to see their jobs, but we promise it’s quick, painless and spam-free.
- Think your current boss is a diva? VH1 and Sean P. Diddy Combs are now accepting resumes for potential candidates to compete for the position of P.Diddy's Personal Assistant on I WANT TO WORK FOR DIDDY 2. Atlanta casting call, May 23.
- NYDailyNews.com is looking for a Senior Web Producer to oversee gossip and entertainment coverage, presumably including plenty of coverage of the above-referenced Mr. Combs’ VIP room comings and goings.
- Or, you could content yourself with this bold-copy-laden Young PR Account Exec ready for fast track job from Princeton, NJ’s Resound Marketing, who ask: “Do you feel like your creativity and leadership is stifled in your current position? Do you just need the opportunity to shine? Looking for a better environment to put your ideas and capabilities to work?” They’ll put $32k-$35k in your pocket for your trouble.