Social Media Editor/Producer - Powell Tate
Powell Tate is the Washington, D.C. office of Weber Shandwick, the global public relations and communications leader. We focus on strategic public affairs, crisis, nonprofit and association communications work.
Powell Tate’s Digital Communications team is looking for a Social Media Editor/Producer to manage engagement campaigns for our clients. This is a job for someone who understands how to communicate over the emerging social Web and prides himself/herself on creating content that cuts through the clutter.
The role spans the entire life cycle of a campaign from initial strategy conception to daily execution. Your job is to find key online influencers and cultivate advocates by engaging in digital storytelling. In your role, you will collaborate across account teams and work with experience designers, interactive designers and video producers to drive online conversations that see real and measurable results. You will also help identify emerging media opportunities and digital strategies that help further the goals of
The work will touch some of the most pressing issues of the day through the work of our nonprofit, corporate, association and government clients.
- Provide high‐level strategy and direction for digital communications campaigns
- Write and review copy and messaging for social media engagement campaigns
- Manage ongoing communications and coordinate with account teams a s a part of campaigns
- Provide creative strategy direction and manage production of compelling digital media content such as videos and other interactive web features
- Identify and evaluate emerging social media trends and implications and opportunities for our client work
- Help advise on and prepare social media pitches for bloggers and other social media influencers
- 3‐5 years of relevant digital communications experience
- Strong knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Excellent writing, copy‐editing and proof‐reading skills
- Experience managing social media campaigns for public affairs and/or nonprofit clients
- Work well with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders
- Background in journalism, either print or online
- Strong knowledge of politics and political issues as well as knowledge of the nonprofit/association world and its operations
- Experience working in a fast -paced agency environment a plus
Powell Tate is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: this opportunity will also be available via the Powell Tate careers page soon.