Association for Financial Professionals seeks a Director of Communications who can drive content for their magazines, web sites, videos and newsletters used by corporate finance professionals and CFO’s around the world. Interest in new media and solid journalistic skills desired.
The National Endowment for Democracy seeks a Media Center Assistant for a variety of admin and organizational duties in support of their Center for International Media Assistance operation.
The Center for Strategic and International Studies has a pair of admin/program support opportunities in the international sphere:
- Program Coordinator and Research Assistant, Middle East Program – apply by June 30
- Program Coordinator, Africa Program – apply by July 3
For 15 years, the Hispanic College Fund has provided educational, scholarship, and mentoring programs to students throughout the US, establishing a career pipeline for Hispanics to be trained in the fields of business, science, technology, engineering, and math. You career pipeline could include a stint as their Vice President of External Affairs if you have the creative and targeted approach to public relations strategies and established relationships and proven success working with relevant English and Spanish media.
You’re surely not qualified to be the super-important-sounding Director of Global Affairs for the Department of Treasury, so don’t even bother clicking on the link of this $117k-$177k opportunity. Job ID 2009-064RD. We dare you to apply by June 21.
The portfolio of the Vice President, Membership & Strategic Initiatives for the International Food Information Council includes working with the Director of Media Relations to build relationships with journalists and positively influence media coverage, as well as oversight of all communications to member, non-member and target audiences. Or perhaps you’re better suited to the Executive Assistant to the President (scroll down) opportunity.
June 3 was apparently a busy day for the HR dept. with the National League of Cities – it looks like they posted six new positions that day for all you resume-slingers to enjoy:
- Senior Representative, Member Relations – $47k-$54k
- Senior Program Associate, Sustainability – $47k-$54k
- Senior Associate, Policy & Legislation – $47k-$54k
- Senior Associate, Outreach, Federal Relations – you guessed it: $47k-$54k
- Representative, Member Relations - $40k-$42k
- Director, Member Relations - $95k-$102k
The Junior Online Account Executive position with APCO Worldwide can be located in either their DC (12th Street, NW, to be specific) or New York (Madison Ave.) locations. One to three years of related experience that includes online marketing or digital communication is desired.
The crew at the Creative Group are searching on behalf of a small boutique communications firm for a Junior Media Buyer (search under DC opportunities) to assist them – on a temporary basis – execute a high profile political campaign. $16-$25/hr.
Hot (or warm) off the presses (or the search engines) with the Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Senior Associate, Government Relations, in support of their Pew Center on the States and Children’s Policy Group.
- Project Manager, Health Impact Assessment Project – possible caveat and/or fly in your ointment: project is pending funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation