The US Association for the University of Peace has two Intern openings for an Oct.-Jan. time frame. Apply by Sept. 30.
Multiple opportunities with the DC Public Schools System:
- Program Coordinator – $56k-$73k
- Deputy Chief of Staff for Intergovernmental Relations – $89k-$115k
- Grant Writer – $47k-$61k
- More opportunities available here – search under central office
Internews is an international media development organization with interests/activities in 70 countries – surely their next Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications will do pretty well in the frequent flyer miles department. Business development/funding related positions also available. Search helmed by Korn Ferry.
Do you want to work for a dynamic, energetic firm looking for rising stars to fuel its future growth? We imagine that is the kind of caffeinated copy you’ll be turning out as an Account Executive/Copywriter for fundraising pros HSP Direct.
Pride at Work – representing the LBGT cohort of the labor movement – is in search of a new Executive Director.
Sage Communications has immediate openings for savvy Account Exec (Senior variety, too) types. Passionate, creative and fun-loving candidates encouraged. As for us, we’re holding out for positions that cater to churlish and despondent applicants.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is looking for a Senior Director of Public Policy to oversee their DC advocacy and state-capitol efforts.
State Department – Legislative Analyst – $73k-$95k – job ID H-2009-0016 – apply by Oct. 2
The Alliance for Community Health Plans is in hiring mode for:
- Policy Associate – looking for one to two years of experience in and familiarity with health care policy issues
- Communications Associate – at least two years of experience and demonstrated success in developing and implementing communications/public relations strategy desired, along with web/online communications experience
Habitat for Humanity is looking to put a put a roof over your head for 40 hours a week or more as:
PAC Senior Specialist job for construction and contracting cabal KBR, in Houston, might fit the bill. Can also search here, using req # 28976.
Dept. of Agriculture – Public Affairs Specialist – $41k-$53k – job ID OC-09-260A – apply by Oct. 6