Reconnecting America – Executive Assistant – Oct. 5
Dept. of Agriculture – Public Affairs Specialist – $41k-$53k – job ID OC-09-260A – Oct. 6
Tennessee Valley Authority – Knoxville, TN:
- Creative Services (Web) Specialist – Oct. 6
- Communications Consultant III – Oct. 7
- News Bureau Consultant IV – Oct. 7
- News Bureau Consultant III – Oct. 7
American Association of Colleges & Universities – Program Associate –high-$30k to low-$40k – Oct. 8
Prince William County – Communications Director – $82k-$116k – Oct. 9
Bread for the World – Senior Policy Analyst – apply by Oct. 9
Montgomery County Community College – Grant Writer – Oct. 9
Management Science for Health – HIV Strategic Initiative Manager – Oct. 11
The American Association of University Women has $45k-$50k set aside for a Leadership Corps Coordinator to train/motivate leaders at branch locations and develop effective member participation in grassroots advocacy and community programming. Other admin opportunities and communications/GR fellowships are also available.
Burson-Marsteller is looking for a Finance Manager/Government Contracts Compliance Manager to support various practices in the DC office. Winning hire will be fully responsible for ensuring adherence to government contracting regulations, and will assist in the preparation of related new business proposals. Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of government finance/contracts experience.
Among the full-time staff openings at American University (scroll to find):
- Admin Assistant – School of Public Affairs – $16-$19/hr.
- Editorial Director – Journalism Lab – mid-$60k/mid-$70k
- Water Organizer – part-time – Portland, ME
- Water Organizer – New York City
- Gulf Coast Fish Campaign Organizer – part-time – Gulf Coast region
- African Coordinator – Nairobi or Johannesburg location preferred
- Intern info – DC & other locations
No mention of it in the job description, but you just know pretty much everyone at the ONE Campaign had some nice seats when Bono & Co. stopped by FedEx Field:
- Senior Policy Manager, Health – DC or London
- Senior Policy Manager, Agriculture – DC or London
- Field Director, US Campaigns
- Senior Campaign Manager, US Campaigns
- Press Secretary
- Intern info
Eldercare Workforce Alliance – Coordinator/Assistant to Project Director – $45k-$55k – apply by Oct. 16
The Natural Resources Defense Council has just put out the call for their starting-Sept.-2010 Charles Koob Environmental Litigation Fellowship. DC or San Francisco location. More intern, program & admin jobs available, mostly in SF.
The Heritage Foundation is seeking a Special Events Coordinator – a temporary position that may become permanent. Successful applicant will possess ability to communicate with individuals at all professional levels and excellent writing, presentation and public speaking skills. Talent Market is manning the search.
The International Labor Rights Forum seeks resumes by Oct. 12 for:
- Program Officer, Latin America & Rights for Working Women – $40k-$45k
- Admin Assistant – part-time
- Development & Donor Relations Assistant
- Intern opportunities – no deadlines referenced
The American Immigration Law Foundation seeks Policy Research Assistant to join their campaign for comprehensive immigration reform. For best results, apply by Oct. 19.
The Opportunity Finance Network – self-ascribed leading voice of the community development financial institution industry – is seeking an Executive Vice President, Legislative & Regulatory Affairs
Library Associates leading the search on behalf of companies unknown for:
- Junior-Level Analyst – with a background in the area of education or youth issues as they relate to international development – job ID 1309
- Mid-level Research Analyst – with a specialty in economic growth to provide research and information activities under contract at the USAID Library in DC – job ID 1306
- Writer – to complete a book on the workings and successes of NASA – contract position, Nov. 2009 to mid-2010 – job ID 1302
The always-fired-up folks at Champion Recruiting are breaking out their high-school Latin textbooks as part of their efforts to find a bright, hard-working super Staff Assistant for an incredible company. $65k.
Fairfax County has re-opened the application process for their Legislative Liaison opportunity in their transportation division – experience working with Va. General Assembly and/or US Congress on transportation issues desired. $58k-$98k – apply by Oct. 16.