Georgetown University – Program Associate, Public Policy Institute – $45k-$50k – plan, organize and manage four regional food safety open meetings across the nation
This minty-fresh Director of Membership Development with eHealth Initiative is a little outside of our usual focus, but surely some of you would be interested in a position in the poised-for-growth field of healthcare information technology – $60k-$80k salary noted. Also available: Policy Fellow (scroll down) full or part-time opportunity open to current graduate students as well as recent graduates of advanced degree programs – apply by Dec 31.
Late-breaking, snowstorm-approaching afternoon update: eHealth Initiative has also added a posting for a Vice President of Programs & Policy (scroll down) to the wintry mix – seeking highly-motivated individual with 10+ years experience and in-depth knowledge of healthcare & current health information technology issues.
We could not find-this thinly-veiled Legislative Assistant posting with UPS (as mentioned in body of text) on their UPS careers page. Maybe you’ll have better luck – or maybe it’s long gone.
There’s no particular reason (or joke) behind this, but we really just like featuring jobs from the Society for Neuroscience. And we find this image from their website (pictured by footnote, didn't fit well up here) particularly appealing, as well.
- Production Coordinator – supporting the Society’s creative services activities
- Editorial Manager – for the Journal of Neuroscience
- Director of Grants & Development – Federal grant and private funding experience required
British Embassy – Strategic Campaigns Officer – principally tasked with helping our Brit pals plan and manage public diplomacy and communication activities in support of the Embassy’s climate change work.
The Sabin Vaccine Institute works tirelessly to reduce the impact of infectious and neglected tropical diseases – and we expect they’ll want you to display the same sleep-deprived commitment for:
- Program Officer, Sustainable Immunization Financing Program – experience and/or grad degree in Public Health, French language skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Goove among desired portfolio
- Program Officer, Partnerships – help manage, sustain & grow relationships with donors and other stakeholders
- Development Director – senior management position, responsible for the Institute’s development/fundraising efforts
- Policy Director – minimum of 10-12 years of progressive Capitol Hill (or Hill-oriented) experience with on global health issues – note: may be same position featured here in August.
Social-mission oriented PR group Spitfire Strategies – self-styled national leader in public interest communications – seeks a sharp types who can meet their detailed call an for Account Executive. You can gain some insight as to their approach by checking their out their Smart Chart (hefty-sized pdf) decision/planning tool.
DC residents are preferred for these positions with the Washington Convention & Sports Authority:
- Communications Manager (pdf) – $54k-$68k
- Manager, Event Services (pdf) – $60k-$75k
- Admin Receptionist (pdf) – $31k-$36k
* of course we’re going to go with the (all-too-obvious) pray/secular quip above, but, in the spirit of holiday fairness, we happily note that, while the coalition serves groups in the community of atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, etc., they also attest: freedom of conscience, including religious freedom, is a fundamental American value as evidenced by the fact that this is the first freedom protected in the Bill of Rights. Freedom of conscience is best guaranteed by protecting and strengthening the secular character of our government. Religious tolerance, a necessary product of this freedom, must be extended to people of all religions and to those without religious beliefs. Sadly, the Constitution of North Carolina is not on board with this open-minded approach.
And on that cheery note – we wish you a Merry Christmas, a peaceful holiday season, and a happy Friday!