RH Strategic Communications is looking to add a Senior PR Professional to the team – agency experience, and a history of working with technology or government-focused media desired.
US Marshals Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $74k-$115k – job ID: CK312319KM – photojournalism and videography skills required, along with public affairs/communications experience – apply by Apr. 12
On Monday, we spotlighted some recent opportunities in DC and beyond with Fleishman Hillard – our sources have since reminded us that they are still seeking experienced candidates for their fine Senior Vice President, Healthcare Communications opportunity. PR agency and Federal health agency and/or Capitol Hill experience preferred. More openings nationwide per their freshly-redesigned careers page.
Catholic University is looking to recruit an Assistant Athletic Director for Communications to spread the word on all things Cardinal, and help start the school back on the road to Orange Bowl dominance. Apply by Apr. 19
AFL-CIO – Media Outreach Fellowship – $640/wk stipend, plus benefits – up to one year term – apply by Apr. 23
4/30 at 4:30 – that’s the deadline for the Government Relations Director position for the progressive and pedal-friendly Principality of Portland, OR. $101k-$163k salary offered, along with a less-rainy climate than Seattle, Houston, Baltimore, Boston and Atlanta.
We’re trying to resist adding event-planner as a regular category around here; but we’re not feeling especially strict today:
- Truckload Carriers Association – Meeting Coordinator – $36k-$40k
- National Association of Broadcasters – Director, Meetings & Conference Services
- US Institute for Peace - Director of Conferences & Events – $105k-$119k
Information Technology Industry Council – Event Planner/Executive Assistant
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges – Conference & Event Coordinator/Manager (pdf)
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP – Events Coordinator
- Washington Post Media – Events Manager – more info and other admin opportunities available here
- Smith Bucklin – Meetings, Events & Exhibits Manager
- The National Association of County and City Health Officials – Meetings & Events Specialist – $42k-$53k
These guys had us at live in a van ….. don’t forget to drop us a postcard.
Public affairs & GR firm Venn Strategies is seeking a Assistant Vice President with policy/public affairs experience to support a substantial client portfolio in both the health and economic policy arenas.
General Motors - search DC location or job number for:
- Executive Assistant, Legislative Affairs (ADM0001043) - apply by Apr. 5
- Executive Assistant, Legislative Affairs (ADM0001045) - apply by Apr. 7
Speaking of subversion from abroad and within – new stuff with our pals at the Council on Foreign Relations, mostly in NYC:
- Program Assistant – mid $30k
- Assistant Director for Foundation Relations – New York
- Research Associate, International Economics – mid $30k – New York
- Research Associate, Military Fellows – New York
American Rivers seeks Associate Director, River Restoration Program to work with state and federal government agencies, municipalities, utilities, dam owners, conservation organizations and the general public – all in the name of restoring damaged rivers and floodplains to protect and enhance human and natural communities. $45k-$55k – Philadelphia, PA
like this mis-titled listing that showed up in our search results, and refers to a job that dates back to July of 2009. Awesome work, guys.
Universal Business Solutions – Corporate Communications Specialist – assisting with briefings and info management for what looks like a sophisticated and sensitive law enforcement audience. Secret clearance required. Annapolis Junction, MD
What’s new in Cannon, Longworth & Rayburn-land?
- Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy (OH) – Summer Interns
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (FL) – Legislative Assistant/Counsel – Judiciary Committee related issues – apply by Apr. 10
- Moderate Midestern Democrat – Legislative Assistant – Agriculture issues
- And, of course, there’s always things to do over in Russell, Dirksen & Hart
* We actually like these folks, and their industry. Really. Unless they've gotten to us, too.