Office of the Director of National Intelligence – Media Relations Officer – $89k-$115k – job ID: 15591 – Apr. 12
US Marshals Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $74k-$115k – job ID: CK312319KM – photojournalism and videography skills particularly sought – Apr. 12
Navy Engineering Logistics Office – Public Affairs Officer – $105k-$136k – job ID 10MAR-9B-663443 – Apr. 12
Library of Congress/Congressional Research Service – Research Manager, Federalism & Emergency Management – $123k-$155k – job ID: 100049 – Apr. 12
Dept. of Homeland Security – New Media Specialist – $42k-$54k – job ID: DHSHQ10-336662PA – Apr. 13
International Organization on Arts & Disability – Vice President of Public Awareness – Apr. 13
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – Outreach Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: NMFS-PR-2010-0012 – Apr. 14
Trout Unlimited – Executive Assistant – Apr. 15
Center for Applied Linguistics – President – Apr. 15
American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education – Federal Relations Representative – $55k-$65k – Apr. 15
Aspen Institute – Program Coordinator, Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs – $35k – Apr. 15
Dept. of Agriculture – Senior Press Officer – $123k-$155k – job ID: W-CPAO-2010-0015 – Apr. 15
WMATA/Metro – Strategic Communications & Policy Specialist (scroll to bottom, choose Enter Metro Career Center, and scroll or use job # 100207) – $80k-$120k – Apr. 16
Brookings Institution – Project Coordinator/Research Assistant – high $30k – Apr. 16
National Association of State Foresters – Admin Assistant – part-time – Apr. 16
American University – Assistant Director, Trial Advocacy Program (scroll to find) – $72k-$83k – JD required – Apr. 16
American Public Health Association – Grant Manager/Administrator (pdf) - $43k-$71k – Apr. 16
University of Maryland – Program Coordinator, School of Public Policy – Chinese fluency sought – Apr. 16
University of California, Santa Cruz – Executive Assistant, Communications & Marketing/Government Relations – $37k-$44k – Apr. 18
American Civil Liberties Union:
- Director, Project on Speech, Privacy, and Technology – New York – Apr. 18
- Director, National Security Project – New York – Apr. 18
American Federation of Teachers – Senior Associate, Political Department
We’re not sure what exactly the Carmen Group does to achieve a 100:1 ROI for their clients, but maybe you have the stuff to make it happen as an Associate, Education Practice there – winning hire will possess two years of legislative experience, fluency with the federal authorization and appropriations process and strong knowledge of education legislation and programs.
Is harnessing digital influence, social networking, and social journalism your passion and expertise? Are you on the leading edge of digital storytelling? Do you hate it when we just parrot a bunch of questions from an employer’s ad? Waggener Edstrom – Vice President for the DC outpost of their Studio D operation. Also available in DC: Intern in their Social Innovation practice.
International-focused lobbying group Jefferson Waterman International offers Intern opportunites – principally for grad students and other emerging internationalists, if that describes you.
Clean Economy Center – Program Assistant
TechnoServe, a nonprofit organization that provides business- and market-based solutions to poverty in developing countries, seeks:
- Program Development Manager
- Program Development Associate
- Intern, International Development Recruitment
- Intern, Coffee Initiative
- Intern, Africa Division
Independent Sector is a leadership group for charities, foundations, and corporate giving programs committed to advancing the common good in America and around the world:
- Executive Marketing Producer – this senior-level position innovates creative/segmented marketing strategies to grow & retain membership and support fundraising and programmatic efforts – 7-10 years producing television, web, and video content among their wants for the position.
- Director, Nonprofit Sector Programs & Practice – Master's degree w/ concentration in nonprofit/public management or business preferred, along with extensive experience working in or with the nonprofit community.
- Director, Government Relations – 10+ year Capitol Hill or gov’t relations experience, including demonstrated ability to plan & implement successful lobbying/advocacy efforts.
Solar Energy Industry Association – Communications Assistant, Web & Social-/Multi-media (pdf)
Associated General Contractors of America is looking for a creative and strategic-thinking Marketing Communications Manager – full-time position, but they will consider a part-time hire, as well
Children’s National Medical Center – search under management job category for:
- Associate Director, Principal Gifts
- Director of Development – work includes strategy development on Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation
- Manager, Donor Relations
Advisory Board Company:
- Associate Editor for California Healthline and iHealthbeat – location not referenced
- Research Associate, Higher Education
- several marketing and technical-oriented positions also available
Charities Aid Foundation of America has some desks reserved for you in their steps-to-King St. Metro location:
- Grants Assistant – two positions available – $35k-$40k
- Senior Manager, Grants & Donor Relations – $70k-$80k
United Food & Commercial Workers:
Specialty pharma company of the too-shy-to-disclose-name sort seeks Director of Federal Affairs.
New jobs on staff from the American Wind Energy Association’s Careers in Wind job board:
- Manager, Grassroots Advocacy & WindPAC
- Admin Associate, Public Policy
- plus, this opportunity from Amonix Inc. – Marketing Communications Manager – Seal Beach, CA
Your career search widget of the day: the jobs board from the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations.
coming Tuesday - Think Tank Jobs IV