Internal Revenue Service – Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist - $102k-$155k – job ID: 10WA2-CLX0122-1035-01-MJW – May 17
Dept. of Commerce – Public Affairs Specialist - $51k-$67k – job ID: OS/IO-2010-0016 – May 17
National Capitol Planning Commission – Webmaster/New Media Manager – $74k-$97k – job ID: 2010-DE04 – May 17
ACLU – Director of Internet Communications – New York – May 19
Dept. of Health & Human Services – Public Policy Analyst - $74k-$97k – job ID: HHS-OS-13-2010-0020 – May 19
US-China Economic & Security Review Commission:
- Admin Program Assistant (pdf) – $38k-$45k – May 19
- Travel & Procurement Assistant (pdf) – $51k-$62k – May 19
Dept. of Homeland Security – Communications Specialist, Office of Health Affairs - $74k-$97k – job ID: DHSHQ10-344920-OHA – May 19
National Writing Project – Director of Strategic Communications - $100k-$130k – Berkley, CA – May 20
Arthritis Foundation – Managing Editor, Arthritis Today – Atlanta, GA – May 20
Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake Region – Marketing Manager – Baltimore, MD – May 21
National Center on Time & Learning – Director of Federal Policy & National Partnerships – May 21 – search managed by Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
Open Society Institute – Program Associate, LGBTI Issues – apply by May 21
Nature Conservancy – Policy Research Associate (scroll back to find or used advanced search and ID #12007) – apply by May 21
- Foundation Relations Officer – May 21
- Development/Events Assistant, Metropolitan Policy Program – $34k-$36k – May 22
The winning Media Affairs Manager hire for the USTelecom Association will have minimum five years of experience in the journalism or communications field with at least a year of daily deadline news writing experience; previous trade association and/or knowledge of telecom industry and technology developments also desirable.
Prince William County Parks Authority – The Fun Starts Here!
- Social Media Specialist – part-time – $18/hr
- Admin Assistant, Public Relations office – part-time - $15/hr
- Intern, Marketing Dept.
- additional admin & seasonal opportunities available
Your dreams of making it to the National Football League don’t have to die just because you're more of a Poindexter than a Portis. We’ll take two in the club level at the Meadowlands on Dec. 5 as your thanks for helping you snag:
- Executive Vice President-Communications, Government Relations & Public Affairs – New York
- Admin Assistant, NFL International – New York
- PR Intern – Culver City, CA
- Vice President & General Manager, NFL Online – Culver City, CA
- and, even if you're not interested/qualified as serving as Director of Officiating – it’s an illuminating job description - especially the description of your typical busy in-season work-week
International Association of Police Chiefs – Project Manager, Law Enforcement & Social Media – no, you don’t get a badge – and, God no, you don’t get a gun – you do get $55k-$60k a year, though – apply by June 4
Maybe a little out of our usual focus, but we somehow find Director, Strategic Project Management with Fannie Mae interesting.
- Grants & Communications Manager for the O’Neill Institute for National & Global Health Law
- Program Administrator – also w/ the O’Neill Institute - $36k-$38k
- Program Assistant – Office of the President
- Executive Assistant – Development/Law Center - $28k-$37k
You might find this Senior Manager, Communications/Change Management position intriguing on account of its focus on creating and implementing communications and change management plans affecting business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures within a U.S. Federal civilian agency. But we just like the company name: Catapult Technologies.
Speaking of names we love, how great would it be telling people you're a part of the National Fenestration Rating Council? – Webmaster – extensive technical skills/experience required – Greenbelt, MD
HP (as in Hewlett Packard) – Head of Public Affairs Communications – we’re a little confused by the pilot run term they ascribe to PR/AR acronym – we see that as public relations/analyst relations. But maybe that’s why we won’t be hired for this probably-excellent job. Can also search here, using job ID 400531.
New with the AFL-CIO:
- Director, Center for Strategic Research
- Manager, Broadcast Division – oversees business, technical, creative & quality aspects of video production, web-based video projects, event staging and a/v support for AFL-CIO programmatic and strategic work
- Senior Field Representative – Columbus, OH
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy is serves health care development, fundraising and grant-seeking professional in the United States and Canada – you might be interested in their Communications Coordinator opportunity, or their site featuring other healthcare development jobs, like this job from the future (somehow posted 5/20/2010): Executive Director, ILH Foundation for Inova Health Sytems in Leesburg, Va.
American Institute of Architects:
American Veterinary Medical Association – Government Relations Communications Manager - responsible for managing the day-to-day communication needs of the gov’t relations dept., including media relations and managing grassroots program. Apply by June 14
College Tracks works towards giving Montgomery County Public Schools grads the chance to attend college and succeed there, regardless of family income. Needless to say, the fundraising efforts of the Director of Development & Marketing are critical to the success of the operation.
These appear to be the most recent DC-based opportunities with Amnesty International – plus more available locally and in NY, Chicago and Atlanta:
- New Media Assistant
- Deputy Executive Director-Advocacy, Policy & Research
- Managing Director, Government Relations
The American Society of International Law seeks an organized, enthusiastic, and well-rounded Communications & Development Assistant. Also on the wish-list: admin/clerical support volunteers.
Speechwriting experience? Understanding of energy issues? Want to move to Phoenix, AZ area? It’s your lucky day, thanks to SRP, the nation’s third-largest power & water utility – Executive Speechwriter – $71k-$106k.
MTU Detroit Diesel is growing its DC presence seeking a dynamic, experienced Managing Director, Government Relations to lead all stages of business development, funding activities and projects for politically important government business.
coming Tuesday: jobs with Relief & Humanitarian organizations