Instead, we looked back at our postings from late June 2009, and searched for fresh jobs at companies & organizations listed there. We think this random-walk approach might unearth a higher proportion of opportunities that are not also found via the usual suspect job boards and search engines – which certainly can't hurt your chances when applying. Happy hunting!
Airline Owners & Pilots Association – can also search here:
- Director of Legislative Affairs – DC office
- Graphic Designer – Frederick, MD
- Web Advertising Manager – Frederick, MD
Not so much a public affairs position as a keep-partially-employed or earn some extra scratch opportunity: Claims Service Rep. with BOAT US – answering 800 lines and helping process insurance claims on a part-time basis, including nights and weekends. More in line with our usual offerings, but a few weeks older: Web Content Coordinator and Web Designer
Feeding America – Vice President of Public Policy in DC, plus multiple public affairs-oriented opportunities, along with admin/fundraising jobs in the Chicago office, and opportunities with allied organizations nationwide (scroll down)
- Grassroots Campaign Fellow – $10/hr. – San Francisco, CA – apply by June 18
- Research Specialist – DC or San Francisco – apply by June 21
- Facilities Assistant – apply by June 23
- Development Administrator – apply by June 24
- Development Director
- Deputy Director, Development & Outreach – apply by June 25
- Human Resources Associate – part-time – $25k – apply by June 25
- Americas/Emergencies Associate – $37k – apply by June 30
- Deputy Program Director – DC, New York, Brussels or Geneva – apply by June 30
- International opportunities also available
- Research Associate/Project Coordinator to the Freeman Chair in China Studies – candidate must be well versed in international politics and security in Asia, China and U.S.-China relations – must have command of Mandarin Chinese.
- Global Health Research Fellow – seeking applicants with Masters in Public Health accompanied by at least five years research experience preferably working on a broad range of global health program or policy issues; plus some international experience.
Regional Project Manager, Special Events with the National Kidney Foundation sounds potentially kind of fun – this Richmond, Va-based, fundraising-related job involves putting together golf tournaments and BBQ cook-offs and the like. Other development/fundraising opportunities available in NY, KS, CO, SC & PA
An oddly compelling place to work – Despite that boast, we will not compel you to check out this recently-available Marketing Manager slot with the Princeton Review in DC.
New and not-so-new openings with the study-abroad-promoting American Councils for International Education:
- Program Assistant, Field Operations & Programs – strong oral and written communication skills in regional language/s desired, Russian preferable
- Program Manager, Higher Education – proficiency in spoken and written Russian and/or other local languages desired
- Program Officer, Arabic Overseas Flagship Programs – strong spoken and written Arabic required
Discovery Communications – and also search here, using Maryland location:
- Communications Manager, DNI – we’re guessing it means Discovery Networks International
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Executive Assistant to SVP, Talent Relations
- Executive Assistant, Digital Media
- New Media Project Coordinator
- Publicity Manager
- Communications Interns
- Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications
- Executive Assistant to the President – seeking not just bright, but extremely bright candidates
- Office Manager
- Communications Specialist, Intelligence & Security Systems (10-1010054) – apply by June 17
- Communications Manager (10-1006943) – apply by June 18
- Habitat & Highways Program Coordinator
- Online Campaigns Associate
- Policy Analyst, Endangered Species Conservation
Judging from the 6/8/10 post date, the American Geophysical Union may not have yet settled on this Summer’s lucky Editorial Intern. Or maybe the an earlier-selected candidate has just decided to go wait tables in Dewey Beach, instead. That also sounds lucky to us.
Literacy Council of Northern Virginia – Development Specialist – part-time – apply by June 18
University of Richmond (search under salaried staff) – Richmond, Va.
United Nations Development Programme – additional language skills desired/required in most cases:
- Program Associate, Millennium Development Goals – apply today, June 15
- MDG Summit Event Coordinator – temporary position – apply today, June 15
- Web Editor, MDG Achievement Fund – apply by June 17
- assorted Researcher/Consultant opportunities also referenced
- Executive Editor, Program Content – responsible for overseeing the concepts, research, writing, rewriting, and editing of core Girl Scout resources—print, online, multimedia, and other formats
- Chief of External Affairs – search managed by Witt/Kieffer
- Project Coordinator, STEM – 10-month assignment – grants admin/tracking position
- Project Manager, Communications & Marketing
- Vice President, Marketing & Brand Management
Green America – Major Gifts Officer – $45k-$55k – touts a casual & friendly work environment, and flexible 4-day work week
- Admin Assistant, Global Issues Group
- Postal Assistant/Office Clerk – part-time – Norfolk, Va.
- Switchboard Operator/Registrar – part-time
- Kitchen Porter/Dishwasher – would be drudgery anywhere else, but since it’s with the Brits, it’s gotta be Merchant-Ivory classy, or Fawlty Towers crazy, right? Just don’t go all European football is so much more engaging than American football on us after you've worked there for two months, ok?