Belloq: Yes, too bad. You could warn them... if only you spoke Hovitos!
And it looks like you could have a better shot at this Managing Director, Government Relations position with an unknown company somehow involved in off-highway diesel engine products & applications if you possessed a strong knowledge of German. We can’t help Dr. Jones, but we can suggest the top-notch and reasonably-priced German language instruction at the Goethe Institute, kicking off on June 7. Search managed by the intimidating-sounding Malace & Associates.
So, with that – we return with some great public affairs jobs and internships, including a lot of awesome directly-submitted opportunities. HR folks: send us your relevant listings!
Opportunities with the Institute for Inclusive Security/Hunt Alternatives Fund – the Institute uses research, training, and advocacy to promote the inclusion of all stakeholders, particularly women, in peace processes:
- Advocate & Congressional Liaison
- Sudan Coalition Coordinator – DC based, but some travel to Sudan expected – Arabic language skills desirable
- Special Projects Assistant
- Operations Manager
Teach For America:
- Managing Director, Public Leadership/Alumni Affairs Team – leads team accountable for identifying and creating pathways into political, policy/advocacy, and community organizing leadership for TFA alumni nationwide – DC or NYC preferred
- Director, Regional Communications – will drive extensive media relations efforts in multiple regions – DC, Boston or NYC preferred
- Managing Director, District Relations & Placement Strategy – seeking candidates with management consulting and public sector experience to work with our regional teams and ensure they are maximizing their partnerships with local school districts – NYC preferred – note: despite the position available Dec. 2009 language at the bottom of this listing, we can assure you TFA is still actively recruiting for this slot
Humana – Government Relations Policy Director – policy research & analysis position
Recently-added opportunities with the American Diabetes Association:
- Director, Program Grants Acquisition & Management
- Associate Director, Grassroots & Internal Advocacy
- Specialist, Individual Giving
- Special Events Coordinator – part-time, eight week term – Richmond, Va.
Navy Federal Credit Union – Manager, Digital Media – $85k-$110k
Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Admin Assistant, Communications
- Senior Associate, Web & Media – Pew Health Group
- Senior Associate, Publications – Pew Health Group
- Admin Assistant, Information Initiatives – Philadelphia, PA
- Senior Associate, Research – Cultural Data Project – Philadelphia, PA
Is the Virginia Tech HR dept. particularly patient? Or are they taking some kind of blissful six-week vacation? You should ask them about that as you (eventually) interview for the Director, College Communications & Marketing position with a distant July 12 resume review date noted. Blacksburg, Va.
The careers page of Patient First Neighborhood Medical Centers promises that competitive compensation, great benefits, and flexible hours are only the beginning – we imagine the rest involves a bunch of hard work on your part. Community Relations Coordinator – includes significant media relations responsibilities – Baltimore, MD. Can also search here: go to search openings, then to administrative category.
The Philanthropy Roundtable, a national association of individual donors, foundations, donor-advised funds, and other grantmakers, is seeking Director, Economic Opportunity Programs.
We see three admin opportunities referenced here with the Council of Exceptional Children – the voice and vision of special education. We would normally omit the one dated Nov. 2009 – but maybe they’ve just reposted an old listing for a currently-available position. You can do the additional investigative work yourselves:
- Admin Coordinator (pdf) – $38k-$47k
- Admin Assistant (pdf) – $31k-$39k
- Admin Assistant, Marketing & Communications (pdf) – $31k-$39k
Maybe we’re a little paranoid (ok, we’re super-paranoid) – but we’re pretty certain that a company with a name like MAXIMUS and a tagline like helping government serve the people is probably working towards imminent citizen enslavement/military takeover – probably with the help of that NCI/PEO Soldier business. Now that we think of it, we should have probably kept our concerns to ourselves. Search Reston location for assorted admin/analyst jobs & internships.
Apollo Education Group (the University of Phoenix people) has lots of jobs nationwide, including this closing-soon trio of San Francisco, CA opportunities:
- Digital Media Representative – $50k-$70k – apply by June 2
- Digital Media Manager – $80k-$110k – apply by June 2
- Receptionist – $37k-$42k – apply by June 2
CRT/tanaka – Account Exec, Social Media – their goal: to be in the top quadrant for social media and we currently maintain strong thought leadership in the space – also available: New York-based Account Exec position.
Association management crew at the Roberts Group seeks Communications Director to support clients ranging from flavor to fragrance – which isn’t much of a range, until you throw in the color-making, Japanese-American and pickle-packing constituencies they also support.
Q: What is lime? What are the differences between quicklime and hydrated lime, high calcium lime and dolomitic lime? A: Your life as Senior Director, Environmental Affairs for the National Lime Association.
The South Africa Washington Internship Program seeks a Program Manager to manage and grow a student exchange program that currently brings 13 South African university students to Washington, D.C. each summer.
American Urological Association – Government Relations & Advocacy Coordinator (scroll down) – or maybe you’re better suited for this must-see (trust us) call for a new Curator (pdf) at the AUA Didsuch Center for Urologic History, application deadline (for the Curator gig): today, June 1
The latest from our friends at the Council on Foreign Relations:
- Research Associate, International Institutions and Global Governance – mid $30k
- Research Associate, Asia Studies – mid $30k – New York
- Director, Media & Public Relations – $70k-$96k
- Executive Administrator – $35k-$49k
- Senior Vice President, Television & Digital Video Content – leads CPB’s Television Programming Dept., overseeing investments in TV and digital video content. Search managed by Korn Ferry.