Human Rights Campaign:
- Gala Events Temp – $10/hr – position runs July though Oct. 2010
- Workplace Project Coordinator – you’ll be working on the Corporate Equality Index
- Events Manager
- Corporate Development Manager
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in the heart of Old Town Alexandria seeks graceful & efficient Director of Communications on a part-time basis.
World Bank – Senior Communications Officer, Climate Investment Funds – apply by June 17
National Association of Letter Carriers – Regional Field Coordinator – plenty of travel promised
PBS – bunch of new stuff:
- Director, Station Development Services – provides advice/support to fundraising efforts at member stations
- Senior Director, PBS Kids Marketing & Communications
- Associate Director, Brand Strategy
- Associate Director, Corporate Communications
- new programming, admin & technical positions also available
- Manager, Research – $39k-$50k
- Manager, Major & Planned Giving - $39k-$50k
- Account Exec, Corporate Support
CoBank may actually be the $58 billion cooperative bank serving vital industries across rural America that they claim to be – but we’ve never heard of them. Sounds like an elaborate scam to us – but maybe you’re willing to investigate further and apply for their otherwise fine-sounding Government Relations Specialist slot, supporting public affairs/GR staff in lobbying, industry relations, and grassroots advocacy activities.
Capitol Hospice – scroll down to find:
Atlas Economic Research Foundation – Vice President, Institute Relations – responsible for Atlas’s efforts in providing advice to think tanks and other intellectual entrepreneurs looking to promote free-market ideas – search managed by Talent Market
Fannie Mae – Community Relations Specialist, Making Homes Affordable (search communications/public affairs category or job # 27679)
“No Mom – I got a job with ACORE – not ACORN – yes, I know Glenn Beck says they're evil, but it’s not ACORN, it’s ACORE …. look, just put Dad on the phone, OK?” That’s how we see it playing out for you, when you score Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships with the American Council on Renewable Energy.
Capitol College, est. 1927, is the only independent college in Maryland dedicated to engineering, computer science, information technology and business. They are looking for a Director of Corporate & Gov’t Relations to help bring in revenue from business and government sources. Laurel, MD
Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the Central Intelligence Agency. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. And with that caveat out of the way, check out this recently-posted Public Affairs Officer opportunity – $60k-$70k
- Grassroots/PAC Manager
- Executive Director – seeking highly-motivated individual to help improve awareness & understanding of GT's vital role in the economy and shape the policy initiatives and messaging on critical issues impacting investors, the Firm, and the accounting profession.
- Editorial Assistant
- Content Processor, CQ StateTrack
- Staff Writer, Energy & Environment
- Senior Manager, Promotions
New opportunities with Octagon Sports Marketing’s Atlanta, Ga. outpost – click on link on right side of page to find:
- Marketing Coordinator/Intern – Aug. 2010 through Jan. 2011 term – paid position
- Account Exec – principal responsibility will be to assist with the implementation of the customer hosting components of client's NASCAR sponsorship
International/American Associations of Dental Research – Publications Coordinator – experience with SAGEtrack/ScholarOne manuscript review system moves your resume to the top of the pile
Citizens Against Government Waste – Manager, Online Communications – experience with Convivio CMS system a plus, as would seem a fondness for pig-related imagery
Your Wednesday job-search resource: Good Job! – a new-to-the-scene nonprofit-focused job board plus career advice blog.