Federal Aviation Administration – Communications Specialist - $62k-$115k – AWA-AIR-10-JD35949-16879 – June 7
National Institutes of Health – Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$115k – job ID: HHS/NIH-2010-1666 – June 7
- Adviser, External Relations & Donor Coordination – June 8
- Senior Communications Officer, Sustainable Development Network – June 9
Federal Emergency Management Agency – Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist – $98k-$127k – job ID: AN342094 – June 10
Center for Justice & International Law – Office Manager/Assistant to the Executive Director – mid $30k – Spanish language desired, Portuguese a plus – June 10
Nature Conservancy (scroll back to find or use advanced search and ID #)
Prince Georges County Memorial Library System – Chief of Public Relations & Marketing – $59k-$71k – apply by June 11
Natural Resources Conservation Service – Program Assistant – $46k-$67k – job ID: MD-10-11B – Annapolis, MD – June 11
Lunenburg County – County Administrator – $75k-$95k – Lunenburg, Va. – search managed by Springsted Inc. – June 11
Reconnecting America – Policy Director – June 11
Dept. of Health & Human Services – Supervisory Congressional & Regulatory Affairs Specialist - $123k-$155k – job ID: HHS-OIG-2010-0140 – June 11
Montgomery County Public Schools is hiring a Senior Communications Specialist (search job # 10001I2 - yes that's one-I-two at the end, or use job title in keyword box). Wide variety of communications competencies sought: excellent and speedy writing skills and understanding of K-12 education issues or the proven ability to quickly and thoroughly comprehend complex issues and policy are among them. Fluency in a second language a plus. Bonus coverage you won't find in description: salary range: $71k-$100k, and MCPS would prefer to see applications by June 17.
The United Nations Foundation is looking to fill a few slots with their Girl Up campaign:
- Online Communications Senior Associate, Public Affairs & Girl Up – apply by June 15
- Campaign Associate, Girl Up – apply by June 16
- Communications Associate, Public Affairs & Girl Up – apply by June 16
We were so worked up about this that we forgot about these for Friday: hold on to your wallets, Georgetown University grads – GU is looking to bring on several new fundraising/development hires:
- Associate Director, Marketing – $43k-$48k
- Development Assistant, Medical Center – $35k-$37k
- Executive Assistant, Medical Center Advancement – $37k-$38k
- Director of Alumni Class Programs – $58k-$63k
- Executive Assistant, Gift Planning
- Development Assistant, Annual Fund – $33k-$35k
- Senior Director of Development, School of Foreign Service
Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts:
- Manager of Institutional Affairs – serves as government and community liaison and securing Federal funding – responsibilities include coordinating and preparing the Federal budget requests to OMB and related justification/liaison work with Congress.
- Assistant Manager, Corporate & Foundation Relations – manage and administer the solicitation of corporate sponsorships, foundation, and government grants, as well as designated gifts from individuals and special events.
These appear to be the most recent opportunities with the Atlantic Media/National Journal empire:
- Client Services Manager, National Journal Group
- Audience Development Manager for Government Executive
- Staff Writer, Hotline – early risers, only for 6:00 am start-time
- TV Staff Writer, Hotline
- Director of Programming & Content Development, Atlantic Live
Look for the to explore opportunities with Powell Tate, click here link (it’s below the opportunity is knocking graphic) to find Director/VP, Digital Public Affairs position – that is, if you understand how to communicate over the emerging social Web and can create campaigns that engage advocates and drive action.
The Georgetown-located Urban Land Institute seeks:
- Senior Vice President, Strategic Communications - search managed by Russell Reynolds
- Executive Assistant, ULI Foundation
Multiple opportunities with somehow-involved-with-naming-a-college-football-champ research giant Harris Interactive:
- Senior Director, Public Affairs & Policy Research
- Senior Research Director, Energy & Utility
- Director of Public Relations/Corporate Communications – New York
- more available in marking & business development in U.S.
Recreational Vehicle Industry Association – Government Affairs Manager – you’ll be busy: writes analytical summaries for about 1,000 annual bills/rules is among duties described
United Nations World Food Programme – Public Affairs Intern, Fall 2010 – apply by June 14
Chlopak, Leonard, Schechter & Associates – Managing Associate – ideal candidates should have 4+ years experience in public affairs, corporate and/or crisis communications, political campaigns or on Capitol Hill. Experience in the media, a PR agency, or in at a non-profit group also desirable. Looking for a candidate who is fluent in Spanish. Fluency in French is a plus.
Smithsonian Institution – Public Affairs Assistant – $37k-$49k – job ID: 10A-RM-296213-DEU-NMAI – apply by June 17
Prominent-but-mysterious lobbying and public relations firm seeks Online Advocacy Specialist to join creative, fast-paced and collaborative team.
Also-prominent, also mysterious civil rights organization seeks Executive Assistant to support EVP for Public Policy – $40k-$50k
Under part-time staff opportunities with American University, we found:
- Junior Media Assistant – $10/hr. – to late August – apply by June 9
- Donor Relations Assistant – $15-$25/hr.
- Videoboard/Message Center Operator, Bender Arena – $10/hr.
Arabella Philanthropic Advisors:
Jobs in Lobbying, which appears to be powered by the oft-useful but occasionally scatter-shot Simply Hired search technology.
From Friday's comments box, and well-worth additional mention: PRSA-NCC Thoth Awards Judges Needed – Take the opportunity to judge the communications efforts of the most creative communications minds in DC. If you are a PRSA member and would like to judge Thoth Awards on June 24 or June 25, please contact Jackie Fishman at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9. And here's more on the Thoth Awards.
Coming Tuesday – another super-great PR Jobs Special Edition. You can get a jump on the process by checking out our links to PR firm career/employment pages resource.