The Armed Forces Foundation seeks an Intern to support communications/public affairs activities this Fall. Convenient (and fun) Capitol South Metro-adjacent location a nice bonus.
Friends of the Earth promises experience with a wide variety of communications functions – and $10/hr. – to their next Communications Intern. College grad preferred.
This sounds great – Hunter Labs, self-assessed as the most trusted name in color measurement (and really, how could we doubt them?) is looking across the visible spectrum for a Marketing & New Media Manager, with the assistance of the fine folks at Staffing Advisors. Just stop and think for a sec about what neat creative opportunities might spring from online and branding work related to the world of color. Great great great. More on Hunter Labs here.
The Wind Energy Foundation looks to be just getting started – and you could be their first Executive Director if you possess the requisite mix of wind-power and association management experience.
You know what also sounds great to us? - the essential work of WaterAid, helping people in developing nations access safe, sustainable water and sanitation. We’d love to help them find a top-notch Head of Policy & Advocacy – apply by Aug. 25. A Bangladesh-based job with the same title – and a July 31 application deadline – can be found by scrolling down.
C-SPAN seeks Associate Producer to help coordinate White House coverage – and they are already casting about for 2011 Interns of the Spring, Summer and Fall varieties.
Staying on that beat, here's a fresh call from CNN for a Production Assistant (search DC location or job ID: 119267BR) in the political unit.
Opportunities in New York with the Council on Foreign Relations:
- Assistant to the Vice President, National Program & Outreach
- Research Associate, Global Health
- Web Producer
- Web Support Associate – upper $30k
- Internships aplenty – New York and DC (scroll down)
US Conference of Catholic Bishops:
Administrative Assistant to an unnamed lobbying organization – this may be the Prime Staffing that’s handling the search.
- Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-SD) – Interns
- Arizona Democrat – Interns
- Rep. Betsy Markey (D-CO) – Interns
- Rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA) – Interns
- Southwest Democrat – Legislative Assistant
- Southeastern NC Democrat – Intern
- Progressive California Democrat – Legislative Assistant – Homeland Security and other domestic issues – apply by Aug. 2
- Senior Maryland Democrat – Legislative Director
- Office of the Clerk – Proctor, Page Program – up to $47k
- Progressive Maryland MoC – Executive Assistant/Scheduler
- Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD) – Constituent Service Rep., District Office
- don't forget to check out the Senate Employment Bulletin
The Association for Small Foundations is a membership organization of more than 3,000 foundations with few or no staff – but they have a staff, and you might be able join it as Development Manager – apply by Aug. 16
National Democratic Institute – Interactive Communications Intern
Angle and Associates is a small Democratic political consulting firm based in Washington, DC. About 85 percent of the work done is for Texas Democrats, so an interest in Texas politics is naturally preferred – get your Campaign Research Intern application to them by Aug. 13.
Unknown public affairs firm seeks Assistant Campaign Manager on temporary basis to work energy-related outreach program.
Have great weekend - we'll see you Monday to start off an August of just-the-jobs programming – just like last year.