This is outside our normal focus here at DCPA+CJ, but we’d sleep better knowing we helped find the best possible candidate for Assistant Director, Transformational and Applied Research with the DHS/Domestic Nuclear Detection Office – $119k-$179k – job ID: CHCO-10-066-DHS-422062 – apply by Feb. 3
Speaking of nukes: Nuclear Energy Institute – Director, Legislative Programs
Charles Stewart Mott Foundation – Manager, Online Communications – Flint, MI – apply by Jan. 31 – It seems to me that every person, always, is in a kind of informal partnership with his community. His own success is dependent to a large degree on that community, and the community, after all, is the sum total of the individuals who make it up. The institutions of a community, in turn, are the means by which those individuals express their faith, their ideals and their concern for fellow men - Charles Stewart Mott, 1875-1973
Here, there, and way-the-hell-over-there choices from the Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Senior Associate, Safe Lending Project
- Associate, Cultural Data Project – Philadelphia, PA
- Director, Fisheries Project – European Marine Program – Brussels, BE
- Admin Associate, Global Ocean Legacy – London, UK
- Director of Communications & Fundraising
- Advisor, Communications
- Director, Editorial Services and Project Communications Support
- Manager, Internal Communications
- Officer, Internal Communications
Our general good cheer is severely tested by those UPS whiteboard-guy commercials – frankly, we have an urge to punch that dude – and, as for this Whiteboard Artist hire for a mystery strategic communications firm, well, we’d probably kick him/her in the shins, too – just on principle. Brainstorm Creative Services (they probably deserve an angry shove) leads the search.
Strategas Research Partners provides investment & sector strategy, economics, policy research, and technical analysis to the institutional investment community. Seeking Policy Associate candidates of the driven, focused and early-rising type.
Global Fund for Children:
- Public Relations Manager (pdf)
- Grassroots Girls Initiative International Fellow (pdf) – apply today, Jan. 7
Because Harvard University doesn't have enough money already – search alumni affairs & development category or use job req ID – Cambridge, MA
- Director of Major Gifts, Kennedy School of Government (22815BR)
- Assistant Director, Donor Engagement & Alumni Events (22852BR)
- Senior Associate Director of Institutional Giving (22865BR)
- several more available in this category
We have nothing against their mission to help deliver online educational resources fro higher education, but something about the name 2tor (tutor, get it?) really bugs us. But don’t let our churlishness stop you from applying for:
- Vice President, Digital Media & Marketing Operations
- Director of Marketing
- admin/sales positions also available
New from the Open Society Institute:
- Policy Analyst – supporting the OSI Campaign for Black Male Achievement – apply by Feb. 7
- Research Assistant, Latin America – part-time – Spanish language skills required – apply by Jan. 28
- Legal Research Intern – for current law students – apply by Jan. 31 for Spring term, Feb. 10 for Summer term
- Annual Giving Specialist - $29k-$34k
- Reference Assistant Specialist, University Library – $19-$20/hr
- Assistant to the Dean of the School of Public Affairs – $19-$21/hr
- Women’s Field Hockey Intern - $13/hr
Here's a late addition as the folks at the Dept. of Treasury try to sneak this posted-today Public Affairs Specialist for the TARP program slot past you – $123k-$155k – job ID: 11-SIGTAR-019DH – apply by Jan. 11
Finally, something to soothe today’s accumulated rage, anger and peevishness – the thought of helping find someone land the Federal Affairs Assistant opening at the National Beer Wholesaler’s Association – just a mile away from our most beloved happy hour destination. You buy us many rounds here if you land this job, right? Right.
Here's to a cheerful weekend from your favorite™ public affairs
& communications jobs resource!
& communications jobs resource!