We kick off your Friday with this terrific Assistant Director of Communications opening with the Maryland Sea Grant College – top tier candidates will have experience interacting with and gathering information from scientists, policymakers and others. You should also be able to show written products that interpret and translate scientific information for various audiences, especially with regards to natural resources, especially coastal, marine and environmental issues. College Park location – but we expect you’ll manage to clock plenty of time out on the Bay, too – apply by Feb. 18.
The British Embassy seeks world-class communications pro as Head of Strategic Communications – your experience should include developing and delivering communication plans that engage key target audiences and influence US opinion on a range of international policy issues. Salary range for the position starts at $77k – apply by Jan. 26.
Latest finds with Waggener Edstrom:
- Account Manager, Technology Practice
- Account Director, Aerospace – Phoenix, AZ
- Account Director, Microsoft team – Seattle, WA
- Executive Assistant/Office Manager – Boston, MA
- more available nationwide
Many Voices provides resources to help Protestant clergy and congregations reach out gay and transgender audiences – seeking Development/Communications Officer to help build the organization.
Council of Better Business Bureaus:
- Director of Marketing Communications
- Assistant Director, Children’s Food & Beverage Advertising Initiative
- Technical Writer – full-time temporary assignment
Everybody else is moving to Austin, TX – and you can, too, as Executive Director of the Texas Mining & Reclamation Association.
New with Ketchum since we checked in with them just last week:
- Account Coordinator, Consumer Health & Wellness
- Account Exec, Consumer Health & Wellness
- Senior Account Exec, Consumer Health & Wellness
Recent out-of-town opportunities with Burson-Marsteller:
- Associate, Corporate Practice – San Francisco, CA
- Managing Director, Public Affairs – New York
- Manager/Director, Corporate Practice – Los Angeles, CA
- more available here
A lot of program, admin and intern slots available in the New York offices of the Open Society Institute.
Far-flung Friday sends you southward with Hospital Corporation of America (search using keyword media relations or job #)
- Social Media Strategist (10201-3716) – Nashville, TN
- Manager, Public Relations (01417-3448) – Doctors Hospital of Augusta, GA
- Associate Director, National Monument Campaign – DC or Durango, CO
- Communications Manager – Anchorage, AK
Environmental Law Institute:
- Special Event Manager - apply by Feb. 4
- Research Associate - apply by Feb. 28
- Research & Publications Intern - Summer 2011
- Law Clerk/Fellowship positions also available
Bipartisan Policy Center:
Global Fund for Children – Summer Internships: Development – Communications – Grantmaking – William Ascher Summer Fellowship (for MBA students) - we're guessing the 2010 references are typos.
- Associate Director, Annual Giving – $48k-$57k
- Staff Assistant, School of Public Affairs – $18-$19/hr – apply by Jan. 19
- Events Specialist, Office of Development – $15-$19/hr
- Writer/Editor for American Today – $51k-$56k
- Men’s Soccer Intern
Happy Friday from your favorite™ public affairs & communications jobs resource! Here's one reason we're happy: we got our greedy little mitts on a six-pack of this rare bird – and we suspect our pals here will be tapping some soon.