This Legislative Representative position with the National Association of Realtors is new since we last checked in with NAR a few days back.
If we had our choice, we’d work for the beer, fireworks or monorail industries – but right after that first tier of entertainments has to be the toy business. Accordingly, we’re envious in advance of the next Director of Federal Government Affairs hire at the Toy Industry Association – especially if you’re brought on on in time to attend the 2011 Toy of the Year Awards (2/12 in NYC). Here’s what gets our vote every year.
Our friends at the Armed Forces Foundation seek an Intern to help them ramp up for their 7th Annual Congressional Gala (April 6) – full-time candidates preferred – apply by Jan. 28
American Public Human Services Association – Assistant Director of Legislative Affairs – five-plus years experience at either the federal level or in state government leading a legislative agenda is requirement #1
Overseas Private Investment Corporation – Public Affairs Specialist – $89k-$115k – job ID: OPIC-11-0003 – apply by Jan. 21
Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board – for all we know, it might be fun as all hell there, and some applicants will surely enjoy commuting to-and-from offices near the King Street Metro station – but it just sounds, well, dry to us. Let us know otherwise if your tapped as their Communications Specialist.
In that same neighborhood we find the Society for Human Resource Management – and a variety of admin, program and technical positions available.
Ford Foundation – Director, Democratic Participation – New York – search managed by Isaacson, Miller
America’s Promise Alliance:
- Senior Vice President, Resource Development Operations (pdf) – fundraising
- Senior Director, Outreach & Advocacy (pdf)
- Director, Health Policy and Research Assistant positions available with their First Focus ally/affiliate
Library of Congress – Government Information/Volunteer Specialist – $74k-$97k – job ID: 100206 - apply by Jan. 13
Johns Hopkins University (search keyword communications or use req #) – Baltimore, MD, except as noted:
- Director of Communications & Marketing, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences (46496)
- Communications & Marketing Manager, Whiting School of Engineering (46453) – Elkridge, MD
- Communications Associate, Center for Computational Genomics (46674) - $50k-$69k – includes web/online related duties
- Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement (45704) – development/fundraising
- more admin & development positions available
National Fisheries Institute – Communications Coordinator – entry-level position, relevant intern experience and web-savvy a plus
City of Virginia Beach – Media & Communications Coordinator (search req # 3735 or scroll to find) – $43k-$50k – apply by Jan. 28
Population Services International – Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing and Communications – fluency in French or Spanish preferred
Lots of opportunities – some of which we’ve previously referenced – with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Seedco is nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity through three lines of approach: workforce development, work and family supports, and services for small business – seeking Public Policy Consultant to help advance their agenda w/ congressional and agency audiences – experience working with HHS & DOL a plus.
National Osteoporosis Foundation – Public Policy Associate
Pavone, a Central Pennsylvania advertising agency, is looking for a Communications Professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and will spawn breakthrough ideas and generate results – Harrisburg, PA
Natural Resources Defense Council:
American Council on Education – Exec Assistant to the President
- Nonpartisan legislative support office – Front Office Staff Assistant – low $30k
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) – Intern
- Mystery Senior Republican – Intern
- Unknown GOP Senator – Director of Communications
- Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) – Intern
- Moderate Democrat – Staff Assistant/Legislative Correspondent – Spanish fluency a plus
- Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) – Intern
- Moderate, West Coast Democrat – Press-Legislative Assistant
- Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT) – Intern
The American Society of Public Administration seeks a part-time Communications Manager – position well suited for graduate student or recent grad - $20-$25/hr.
Wednesday's search resource – as a supplement to the healthy run of Hill jobs shown above, we'll note three helpful sites for more jobs/internships in that area: Senate Employment Bulletin – Cloture Club – HillZoo