CASA DC (Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children) seeks Executive Director to handle a broad portfolio of leadership responsibilities for this essential organization; CASA advocates for abused and neglected children, to make sure they don’t get lost in the overburdened legal and social service system or languish in inappropriate group or foster homes. Apply by Mar. 4.
Some Super Bowl trivia for you – do you know the provenance of the Steelers’ logo? You should if you decide to apply for Webmaster with the American Iron & Steel Institute. Casually mention that you always thought the hypocycloids (or astroids, if you want to be specific) looked pretty cool at whatever Super Soiree you're attending on Sunday.
Speaking of Steeltown – Brunner Digital has multiple account and creative opportunities available in their Pittsburgh office, including Copywriter.
The Advancement Project seeks a creative, energetic, and committed professional to serve as Communications Director – familiarity w/ racial justice issues and experience in skillfully organizing and executing strategic communications and media plans and campaigns are among the requirements.
Virginia Tech seeks Public Relations Coordinator to support the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine – Blacksburg, Va – apply by Feb. 15
- Producer, Kojo Nnamdi Show – part-time – $15-$24/hr
- Weekend Web Producer – $40-$45k
- Morning Web Producer – $40k-$45k
- Senior Web Designer – $50k-$60k
For your far-flung (and frigid) Friday needs, we bring you a pair from the Chicago Council on Global Affairs – Chicago, IL:
- Program Officer, Studies – requirements include international relations experience plus quantitative literacy in order to manage the public opinion survey; statistical training or the use of quantitative methods in research papers will suffice
- Project Manager/Lead Researcher, Agriculture & Non-Communicable Diseases
- Designer, University Publications – $51k-$57k
- Associate Director, Annual Giving – $48k-$57k
- Public Relations Manager, Kogod School of Business
- Public Relations Manager, School of Public Affairs/School of International Relations
- Grant & Contract Coordinator
- Staff Assistant, Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law – part-time – $12/hr – fluency in Portuguese required
- Impact Litigation Project Coordinator – $55k-$62k – JD required
American Academy of Ophthalmology:
- Health Policy Manager
- Development Manager – San Francisco, CA
- Vice President, Communications & Marketing – San Francisco, CA
National Science Foundation – Division Director, Public Affairs – $155k-$174k – job ID: S20110041- apply by Feb. 28
USO (scroll down):
- Director of Capitol Campaign Development
- Director of Web Operations
- Director of Gifts & Planned Giving
- Chief Development Officer/Vice President – New York
Happy Friday and 600th post from your favorite™ public affairs & communications jobs resource! We're celebrating with one of these.
* If we were current college student types, we’d march right down to the alumni office today and volunteer to help out and learn something about this intriguing trade.