Note: you'll find the usual Monday roster of previously-noted jobs closing this week (along with some new opportunities) in Saturday's supplement (or just scroll down). Now, on to su semana grande:
Target – Manager, Public Relations – your mission is to drive local coverage of Target brand, stores, teams and community involvement in key markets in Washington, D.C. and other key southeastern markets.
Vox Global is seeking a Digital Project Manager to join the public affairs team in DC – they seek a candidate with communications background, digital experience and project management skills. Vox is also in the market for Receptionist/Admin Assistant and Web Development Intern resumes.
Newly available with Dupont – research-focused Government Relations Specialist – research background, critical thinking skills and genuine interest in marketing/market research sought – can also search here, using DC location
Military Sealift Command – Communications Asst./Internship – $14/hr – summer and school-year terms appear available – apply by May 8
NBC Universal – Vice President, Government Relations (search job ID BR1699) – we’ll be expecting some pretty sweet tickets (we’ve always wanted to check out a game in South Bend) or some other swell kickback if you get this gig
Food Marketing Institute:
Is there a magic bullet in foreign relations? The Organization for International Cooperation seems to think there is (it’s all about ontology, apparently) – get on board as an Intern (aka Special Foreign Relations Assistant)
ICLEI/Local Governments for Sustainability – Communications Intern – seeking college juniors or seniors with interest in environmental issues
Multiple recently posted Intern opportunities shown with the German Marshall Fund of the US – energy, immigration/integration and congressional relations are among the intern specialties noted
The Commonwealth Fund promotes a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable and underserved segments:
- Program Assistant, Payment & System Reform
- Federal/State Health Policy Officer
- Program Officer, Vulnerable Populations Program – New York-based, we think
The Washington Center:
- Communications Assistant – temporary position - $13/hr
- Webmaster – content management & technical skills required
- Manager, Campaign 2012 – primary duty is to facilitate fieldwork for students attending TWC’s national political convention programs at the Republican national convention – Sept. 2011 to Mar. 2013 term
National Education Association:
Latin American Youth Center – Director of Development & Communications – Spanish fluency preferred
United Nations Foundation:
Gallup looking for an experienced writer/journalist who, as Public Relations Manager, will build strong relationships with national media to publicly showcase their news and worldwide research.
Very fresh opportunities from AstraZeneca:
- Director, State Government Affairs/Brand Lobby Strategy – location unspecified
- Senior Manager, Corporate Communications/Sales – Wilmington, DE
- Associate Director, Public Policy & Issues Management – London, UK
- Intern, Federal Government Affairs – DC-based
National Alliance on Mental Illness:
- Manager, Corporate & Foundation Fundraising – apply by May 6
- Admin Assistant, NAMI Walk Program - $35k-$40k
- Assistant, External Relations & Governance/Operations - $35k-$40k
- Web Producer - $45k-$50k
- Intern opportunities and Web Internship
Parature – self-assessed global leader in web-based customer software seeks Communications Manager with strong writing skills and tech/software background.
Daugherty & Associates, Inc. – Strategic Communications Consultant
New York State Nurses Association – Assistant Director of Communications – Latham, NY
Secular Coalition of America:
American Humane Association let you know that no animals were harmed in making a film. They will probably also treat you humanely if your hired on as Web Associate – extensive technical skills required – DC or Denver, CO location
National Community Reinvestment Coalition:
Council for a Strong America seeks a Deputy Development Director with a minimum of 8-10 years of fundraising expertise. We’re always baffled by minimum experience requirements spanning a range of years; shouldn’t this just be a minimum of 8 years’ experience?
George Washington University (search using job # or scroll back to find):
- Research & Editorial Assistant (0602656) – Institute for Communitarian Policy Studies - $17k-$39k
- Manager, Online Marketing & Recruitment (0602654)
- Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator (0602633) – Office of Sustainability
- Sustainability Project Facilitator (0602623)
Unknown PR agency seeks media relations-focused Account Exec – background in financial services, deals, mergers, private equity, litigation, bankruptcy, privacy and data security a plus – DC, New York or Philadelphia location
Cause each time I feel it slipping away, just makes me want to cry: what’s so funny about peace, love and the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding? (whoa-o-o-o-oh) – Communications Manager – apply by May 13.
Your Capitol Hill-centric job search tool of the say: a regularly-updated Hill job list from M.R. Baker.