John Adams Associates – Public Affairs Internships – offering a diverse work experience in public affairs, PR and association management – open to junior and senior level college students and recent grads
Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Admin Assistant, Office of the President
- Admin Assistant, Economic Mobility Project
- Admin Assistant, Government Relations
- Admin Assistant, Environment Group
- Director, Research & Information – Pew Center on the States
Resources for the Future seeks Online Communications Intern for Summer ’11 duty – $10-$15/hr – web publishing experience helpful
- House Education & Workforce Committee, Majority Staff – Professional Staff Member and Press Secretary
- Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) – Interns – now through mid-June
- Rep Linda Sanchez (D-CA) – Interns – available immediately
- Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH) – Interns – for Ironton, Marietta & Salem, OH offices
Wal-Mart – Director of Public Affairs & Government Relations (search req ID 20353BR or DC location)
Habitat for Humanity – Vice President, Government & Foundation Relations – you should have friends in all the right places from the required 10+ years of experience operating within the highest circles of Washington.
National Defense University – Writer/Editor – $74k-$97k – job ID: D-NDU-460313-11 – apply by May 6
Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic – Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs Coordinator (search Rockville, MD location or job # 078143)
Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest seeks experienced Director of Communications to manage media, marketing, publications, and electronic communications activities to increase publicity and visitors, and to promote restoration and events – Forest, Va. (15 minutes from Lynchburg).
Strategic communications cabal HDMK seeks Media Relations Professional with social media experience and top -notch writing skills.
US Chamber of Commerce – Policy Advocacy Director/Energy, Environment & Enterprise – supporting US-India Business Council
CNN – Producer/Writer (search DC location or req # 123483BR) for CNNPolitics.com
Hill & Knowlton seeks bright, confident, and dynamic communications Vice President, Technology & Public Affairs (at least 9 years public relations agency experience required) as well as an ever-slightly-more-seasoned Senior Vice President of Digital Public Affairs (10+ years agency experience)
National Governors Association – Communications Assistant – $40k
Donor’s Trust – Grants Manager – search managed by Talent Market
First Wind – Intern, Environmental Affairs – Portland, ME – can also search here
Sierra Club – Polling & Research Strategist – requires at least 3 years prior experience at a polling or research firm as a media liaison or other position involving research and media relations
CNFA promotes market-driven & entrepreneurial development around the world – more career info here:
- Communications & Marketing Specialist – apply by May 31
- Executive Projects Officer – apply by June 30
- Communications & Outreach Manager – Kabul, Afghanistan – apply by June 30
For your Wednesday resource, we once again reference the indispensable public policy jobs compendium from the Brad Traverse Group.