We still miss The Squire, but we don’t want you to miss this excellent Director of Communications posting with the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation. Seeking candidates with 5-7 years of experience in communications, media relations and/or marketing at a national level with steadily increasing levels of responsibility, and who are also real team players (think Monte Coleman or Don Warren rather than Big Al or Jeff George).
- Conference Coordinator
- Research Assistant, Entitlements
- On-Line Publications Manager & Designer
- Policy Analyst, Center for Global Liberty & Prosperity
Again, we digress a bit – this Partner Alliance Director, Public Sector position with Salesforce.com is probably more on the business development/marketing edge of the spectrum - but we’re intrigued enough by the very specific request for experience working with or for any one of the following public sector contractors: Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Perot Systems, CSC to pass it along.
Search DC location or use job # noted for these slots with the too-much-in-the-news folks at the International Monetary Fund:
- Technical Assistance Officer (1100380) – advanced degree in economics or a related field required – apply today, May 20
- Deputy Division Chief, Public Financial Management, Fiscal Affairs Department (1100288) – successful candidate should have at least 15 years practical and managerial experience within a ministry of finance, treasury, or comparable institution or consulting firm – apply by May 31
- Research Analyst (1100424) – extensive knowledge of statistical packages required – apply by June 1
Fairfax County – Communications Specialist, Dept. of Transportation – $51k-$68k – apply by May 27
We’re suckers for a nice list of benefits – so we’re particularly impressed by the healthy 26 vacation days (plus 13 holidays) and other inducements offered by the National Park & Recreation Association – along with $55k-$60k in compensation – in order to retain your services as Manager, Fundraising.
James Madison University seeks Converged Media Coordinator to synthesize the independent content development efforts of communications, marketing and public affairs departments into a synchronized multiple-media publishing strategy that advances the brand of JMU. Harrisonburg, Va. – apply by June 10
Are we actively trying to send you West of Sterling with a spate (well, two) of Leesburg-located opportunities recently (you can scroll back to find them, but they both sported 5/13 application deadlines)? Here’s another: Visit Loudoun – Director of Media Relations – apply by May 27.
Johns Hopkins University – Social Media & Web Editor, School of Nursing – $50k-$69k – Baltimore, MD
University Research Corp. – Communications Assistant
University of Maryland – Program Assistant, School of Public Policy/Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs – mid-to-high $30k – apply by May 26
- Web & Social Media Editor – part-time – $20-$25/hr
- Music Content Manager, WAMU – $45k-$55k
- Staff Assistant, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program – part-time – $15/hr
- Resources Coordinator, Washington College of Law – $20/hr
Council of State Governments:
- Vice President/Account Supervisor, Sustainability – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Vice President/Director, Midwest Corporate Practice – Chicago, IL
- Director of Associates – J.D. and environmental law experience required – apply by May 31
- Research & Publications Intern, Fall 2011 – apply by June 22
Friday’s resource is for internship seekers or other folks coming to DC this summer: a nice compendium of DC Summer/intern housing options courtesy of RAINN (scroll back to Thursday for opportunities with the group).