Modern Technology Solutions seeks Public Affairs Specialist to support their work with the DHS Domestic Nuclear Detection Office. Please do a good job, so we can all sleep a little better.
FEMA will relocate you to the bayou (well, New Orleans) as a Congressional Affairs Specialist – two positions available – $68k-$89k – job ID: MG-2011-81441-KAS-471416COR – term NTE two years – apply by May 16
Discovery Communications – Marketing Manager
The title says it all: Associate Director, Entertainment Industry Outreach with the Sierra Club – Los Angeles, CA
From the not-quite-as-far-flung file – Alcoa – Manager, Issues Management & Crisis Communications (search communications category or req # 8201BR) – Pittsburgh, PA
- Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst, Tax Policy Center
- Research Assistant, Development Assistance Initiative – high $30k
- Research Analyst, Brown Center on Education Policy
- Research Assistant – 3-month term
Online strategy & solutions provider Siteworx seeks Media Relations Specialist. Sharp folks, from our experience dealing with them a while back.
Some of these jobs at the University of Virginia are for internal applicants only, but we figure we must have at least a few Charlottesville-based readers:
- Events Coordinator, University Council for Educational Administration – $32k-$56k
- Development Researcher – $29k-$50k
- Web Editor ($42k-$74k) and Office Manager ($35k-$58k) for the Virginia Quarterly Review – these are both open to current UVa employees only
- Executive Assistant, Vice President For Research/Sustainability Project Group – $35k-$58k – current UVa employees only
Owens & Minor – Director, Community Relations – Mechanicsville, Va.
Catholic Charities USA – Manager, External Relations – communications position that appears to be largely focused on supporting development/fundraising activities – can also search here
The National Association of Wheat Growers needs to harvest your resume by today, May 6 for Director of Government Affairs for Farm Policy. You probably shouldn’t have had that third margarita yesterday.
For those of you who eschewed Cinco de Mayo frivolity and are instead focusing on National Electrical Safety Month, this Communications Manager posting with the Electrical Safety Foundation International may get you charged up.
Project Hope – editorial positions noted below are related to their Health Affairs publication:
- Deputy Editor for Special Content
- Senior Editor for Global Health, Content and Evaluation and Development
- Statistical/Methods Editor
- General Intern info and Business Development Intern – Millwood, Va.
New from Ogilvy PR (search DC location or req ID):
- Account Supervisor, Social Marketing Group (364BR)
- Senior Vice President & Media Specialist, Public Affairs (363BR)
- Digital Art Director (338BR)
- Vice President, Digital Influence Strategy (293BR)
- Program Director, Institute on Disability & Public Policy
- Program Coordinator, Institute on Disability & Public Policy – $21-$22/hr – apply by May 11
- Receptionist, WAMU – $15-$19/hr
- Grants Manager, WAMU – part-time – $20-$25/hr
PAC Outsourcing LLC – PAC Assistant – Oxon Hill, MD location
United Nations Foundation – Communications Director, Strategic Energy & Climate Initiatives – demonstrated experience in international communications & media campaigns required – apply by May 19
Your Friday resource: opportunities in the foundation/philanthropy universe from the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers.
Best wishes for a super-great weekend from your favorite™ public affairs & communications jobs resource.