State Dept. – Public Affairs Specialist with the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons – $74k-$97k – job ID: HRSC-G/TIP-2011-0012 – apply by June 22
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation – Director of Communications – Advanced degree or a minimum of 10 years experience in communications, journalism, public/media relations desirable – apply by June 30
St. Anne’s Academy/Archdiocese of Washington – Communications Coordinator – part-time
The ominous-sounding, supporting-the-world-government-in-waiting International Registration Plan seeks Communications Coordinator who can help cover up their designs for global takeover under their alleged cover as administrators of an agreement between the U.S. & Canada providing for apportionment of highway usage fees. $41k-$60k salary range promised now, followed by a coveted Commissar position in the Pan-Hemispheric New World Governance Authority after the Crisis of 2013 sets everything in motion.
Mystery military-related non-profit seeks Major Gifts Manager – up to $75k – Old Town Alexandria location
And at the Western edge of Old Town, there’s the Motley Fool and this Marketing Coordinator slot, where you’ll be part of the team responsible for maximizing their email acquisition channel. We can’t tell if that would be awesome, or soul-crushing.
Cool employer alert: Jose Andreas’ Think Food Group (Café Atlantico, Minibar, now also in Vegas, etc.) seeks Communications Associate – 1-2 years relevant professional experience and proficiency in Spanish required
New at NPR (posted since 6/13):
General Dynamics IT seeks Mass Communications Specialist to provide will provide junior-level consulting support in areas including journalism, event planning, advertising/marketing, and web/digital & social media – almost certainly in support of the above-referenced Crisis of '13/World Governance plan.
National Telecommunication Cooperative Association:
Prince George’s County Public Schools seeks nascent Welles or Spielberg to write, shoot, produce and edit reports on instructional, public affairs, and staff development programs – Senior Television Specialist – $59k-$98k – apply by July 4
Recent opportunities via search/placement firm 4Staff:
- professional society near Dupont Circle – Web Content staffer – 4 week assignment – working knowledge of Kentico, Brightcove and Dreamweaver required
- same group as above, we think – Communications Coordinator – $20/hr – temporary position - must be proficient with HTML, Cold Fusion, Dreamweaver, other production software.
- unknown global employer – Project Coordinator – low $50k
University of Maryland:
- Video Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator positions with Men’s Basketball squad – you are going to hook us up with some nice seats for a couple games if you get one of these, right?
- Associate Director, Development – performing arts
- Assistant Director, Student & Young Alumni Programs – $53k-$66k – apply by July 5
- Coordinator, Global Communities program – apply by July 1
And here's another weekend job-search jump-start for you: some previously-noted opportunities with a Monday, June 20 application deadline – we'll reprise these and other closing-this-week opportunities in Monday's post.
ACLU – Associate Director of Legislative Communications – June 20
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace – Events & Meetings Manager – June 20
Nature Conservancy – Climate Change Coordinator (scroll to find or search by job ID 13322) – June 20
World Bank – Communications Officer, Development Research Group – June 20