Census Dept. – Public Affairs Specialist – $74k-$97k – job ID: PIO-2011-0011 – June 6
Dept. of Agriculture – Writer/Editor – $51k-$81k – part-time/job-share – job ID: ARS-X11E-0019 – June 6
Philanthropy Roundtable – Director of External Affairs – June 6
Literacy Council of Northern Virginia – Communications Specialist – 30 hrs/wk – June 8
University of California – Community Assistant/Resident Advisor, UC Washington Center (scroll to find or use posting # 20110231) – $27k-$34k – June 8
NCIS – Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist – 123k-$155k – job ID: NW1-1035-15- 4I045060-E-IN – June 9
Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars – Development Assistant – $37k-$40k – June 9
Coast Guard – Communications Specialist – $51k-$97k – job ID: 11-1689-HQ-TJ-D – June 10
Dept. of Defense – Visual Information Specialist – $62k-$81k – job ID: DMA-11-478215-RB – June 10
James Madison University – Converged Media Coordinator – Harrisonburg, Va. – June 10
Korean Embassy – Special Assistant to the Ambassador – June 10
Prince George’s County Public Schools – Senior Community Outreach & Engagement Specialist – $65k-$108k – Upper Marlboro, MD – June 10
Town Creek Foundation – Senior Program Officer – Talbot, MD – June 10
Union of Concerned Scientists – Program Assistant, Food & Environment Program (scroll down) – temporary, 4-month position – June 10
Richmond Dept. of Public Utilities – Marketing & Public Relations Specialist – $41k-$67k- Richmond, Va. – June 12
This is probably a little more on the technical side of web development than our usual listings in that area, but we figured the $73k-$124k salary range might interest someone among our readership for Web Applications Solutions Manager with Arlington County.
The Open Society Institute seeks Program Assistant and Program Associate hires for their Latin American Program – requirement for Spanish language skills and June 10 application deadline apply to both positions.
University of Maryland:
- Events Coordinator – $50k – apply by June 13
- Asst. Director/Development Officer, School of Business – apply by June 24
- Coordinator, Center for American Politics & Citizenship
GE Capital seeks Communications Manager to develop communications programs for Healthcare Financial Services division – minimum of 5 years of marketing/advertising or public relations experience required.
Duane Morris Government Affairs seeks Legislative Associate/Junior Lobbyist
Securing America’s Energy Future seeks Policy & Communications Writer – strong preference will be given to those candidates who several years in an advocacy/writing position, including having worked as a speechwriter or in a congressional office.
Center for Science in the Public Interest:
- Policy Associate, Health Promotion
- Project Assistant for the Nutrition Action Newsletter – we like their recent article on the hype and science associated with health benefits of green tea (pdf)
- Project Assistant, Nutrition Policy
Association management firm Smith Bucklin seeks Director of Legislative Affairs & Grassroots Activities to support their NLBMDA and WDMA clients (important note: we’re guessing on those links) – 3-5 years relevant experience required – more positions available in DC & Chicago
The Millennium Project offers a generous $90k for six months work as Director of Development on a consultant basis. Better yet, longer-term engagement is possible at the self-described global participatory futures research think tank of futurists, scholars, business planners, and policy makers who work for international organizations, governments, corporations, NGOs, and universities. Internships also available.
Upper Chesapeake Health – Communications Manager – minimum of five years experience in corporate communications, marketing, and public relations preferably in a health care field; hospital experience is ideal – Bel Air, MD
Athletes for Hope – Marketing & Communications Director – looking for candidates with experience in entrepreneurial environments and who are versed in the language of both sports and philanthropy.
- Associate Director of Legislative Communications – apply by June 20
- Senior Marketing & Publications Manager, Donor Communications – New York
- Intranet Manager, Affiliate Support & Advocacy Dept. – New York – apply by July 3
- Online Advocacy Coordinator, ACLU of Illinois – Chicago, IL
Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Staff Writer for the Kaiser Daily Global Health Policy Report
- Research Analyst, Health Insurance Coverage & Access
- Policy Analyst, Disparities Policy Project
- Admin & Public Affairs Coordinator, Northern Ireland Bureau – $38k – apply by June 10
- Energy Policy Advisor – $58k – apply by June 24
- Business Development Associate, Healthcare & Life Sciences – $47k – New York – apply by June 24
- Community Liaison Officer – part-time – $16k – New York – apply today, June 6
- Internships, Summer 2011 – Politics/Economics and Communications Group, Global Issues Group, or Corporate Services – apply by June 10
- Internships, Fall 2011 – apply by July 8
The latest DC-based opening in the Burson-Marsteller empire appears to be this Assistant Project Manager post with their Direct Impact grassroots affiliate.
Mystery health & nutrition non-profit seeks Director, Major Gifts – in addition to fundraising/development experience, you should be willing to adopt/embrace a 100% vegan lifestyle in the office.
US Naval Academy Alumni Association – Annapolis, MD:
- Coordinator, Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Research Analyst – supporting prospecting for development/fundraising – search managed by HR Strategy Group
- Senior Web Developer