The National Association for the Education of Young Children is seeking a Website Editor (scroll down) to produce/edit website content and content for other digital media related to best practices in early childhood education. 3-5 years minimum of work experience in digital content required. NAEYC is also in the market for a Director of Design and Production to provide enlightened and effective visual design and production management throughout the organization.
Our friends at Gibraltar & Associates are seeking Fall 2011 Interns – paid positions – to work with multinational clients on public policy, public relations and brand management projects – candidates should be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program in a related field.
SmartMark Communications – Newtown, PA (NW of Philly):
John Adams Associates is looking for sharp Fall 2011 Intern candidates – paid positions – interested junior and senior level college students and recent grads are eligible.
Free the Slaves seeks DC-based, part-time Program Manager to support and supervise the Director of their Ghana program (based in Accra) – apply by Aug. 9
Environmental Protection Agency – Public Affairs Specialist – online/social media focus – $74k-$115k – job ID: PH-JC-11-504447 – apply by Aug. 1
- Senior Democrat – Executive Assistant/Scheduler
- Senior NY MoC – Legislative Director
- Progressive Texas Democrat – Communications Director
- Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) – Interns – Aug. start date
- Rep. Laura Richardson (D-CA) – Interns, Fall 2011
- Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-NC) – Communications Director – also seeking immediately-available Intern who can work through Fall semester
- Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ) – Intern, Fall 2011
Here’s a just-posted Legislative Assistant opportunity with the CIT Group – responsibilities include monitoring and tracking legislation, attending congressional hearings and public policy-related events, performing legislative and regulatory research, assisting with PAC program, and a variety of admin-related tasks. Can also search here, using DC location.
- Account Exec, Field Services Division
- Account Manager, Client Services
- Director, Brussels Office – competency in French and/or German preferred
American Counseling Association is seeking a full time Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator to work with their busy Public Policy & Legislation staff (translation: there’s plenty of tasks nobody else wants any part of piled up and waiting for you)
National Governors Association:
- Senior Policy Analyst, Early Childhood Education – low $60k to low $70k
- Program Director, Medicaid Policy
- Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst, Education – low $50k to low $70k
- Legislative Director, Health & Homeland Security
- Senior Staff Associate
- Intern, Health Policy – Fall 2011 – for grad student – $12/hr
- Senior Project Manager, Center on Children & Families
- Research Assistant, John L. Thornton China Center – low $40k – professional fluency in Mandarin Chinese required
- Assistant to the Vice President of Development
From the sounds fun department: Wooly Mammoth Theatre Company – Director of Marketing & Communications – we’ll do our part to help until the job is filled: get your tickets for Clybourne Park, July 21-Aug 14, or at least acquaint yourself with the nice notice from the New Yorker (scroll down).