First off, we posted the previously-noted opportunities closing this week yesterday; click here or scroll back. On to the jobs as we welcome Halloween and bid adieu to Jobstoberfest 2011.
DC-focused community development/lending group City First Enterprises seeks Director of Development & Communications to drive fundraising and marketing efforts.
Express Scripts seeks Staff Assistant, Government Affairs (use advanced search and DC location or job ID 15041) for broad set of admin, support and reporting functions.
University of Virginia – Charlottesville, Va.
- Career Services Coordinator, UVa Alumni Association – part-time – program and marketing responsibility for a webinar series, client scheduling and administration, social media communications and more
- Communications Coordinator – supports the Dean of the School of Nursing in speech writing & preparation of remarks, reports, letters, presentations, and media interviews – we’re not sure how the broad $37k-$70k salary range corresponds to 20-hour work week.
- Deputy Editor for the Virginia Quarterly Review
Center on Budget & Policy Priorities – Media Intern – paid postion
YWCA – Director of Communications – seeking candidates with 5+ years experience in communications leadership role and a clear track record of tangible business and marketing results. Media relations, digital media and events planning skills are among their wants.
Special Olympics – see main careers page for more info:
- Director, Marketing & Communications
- Vice President, Government Relations
- Corporate Relations Intern and Communications Intern
The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria seeks Director of Communications and Outreach – scroll down for Customer Service Coordinator (low $30k) and part-time Animal Care Technician ($13/hr) opportunities.
The American Wind Energy Association seeks Policy Analyst with strong skill-set in statistical analysis and research.
American Foreign Policy Council – Interns, Spring 2012 – Knowledge of Russian, Mandarin, Arabic or Farsi helpful – apply by Nov. 1
The Auto Alliance seeks hard-driving Director of State Government Affairs – applications by Nov. 4, please.
Defense Security Cooperation Agency – Communications Manager – $105k-$136k – supporting the Africa Center for Strategic Studies – maîtrise du français est essentielle – job ID: D-DSCA-553168-12 – apply by Nov. 14
Bechtel (search external affairs job function):
- Sustainability Specialist – San Francisco, CA
- Manager, Government & Public Affairs – Perth, Australia
Enjoy and extol the leafy campus and bright kids at Georgetown Day School in your work as Director of Advancement – some communications duties involved along with your fundraising responsibilities.
Your job search tool of the day – a listing of non-profit job sources from search firm Transition Guides, along with their own active opportunities.
coming tomorrow: Think Tank Jobs, 8th Edition