American University – Senior Reporter, WAMU 88.5 – Oct. 17
Broadcasting Board of Governors – Director of Communications & External Relations – $115k-$179k – job ID: ERB-11-03 – Oct. 17
Global Partnership – Director of Marketing & Communications (pdf) – Seattle, WA – search managed by Waldron HR – Oct. 17
Greenpeace – Senior Campaigner, Oceans – can be based in any Greenpeace office in Europe – Oct. 17
- Campaign Communications Specialist, Healthcare Team – Oct. 17
- Retirement Security Communications Coordinator – DC or New York – Oct. 17
Boeing – Communications Specialist – located in increasingly bike-friendly Crystal City – Oct. 18
Vital Voices Global Partnership – Program Coordinator, Global Leadership Network – Oct. 18
National Park Service – Public Affairs Specialist at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site – $59k-$93k – job ID: AT541973 – Atlanta, GA – Oct. 19
Nature Conservancy (scroll to find or use job ID):
- Communications/Events Coordinator (39438) – Birmingham, AL – Oct. 18
- External Affairs Specialist (39401) – Lansing, MI – Oct. 18
- Gift Planning Data Assistant (39351) – Oct. 20
- Senior Project Manager (39324) – Oct. 21
- Congressional Control Specialist – $105k-$136k – job ID: NEHT11321874544014D – Oct. 18
- Visual Information Specialist, Web Design/Social Media – $50k-$57k – job ID: CF11-418 – Oct. 20
- Communications Officer, Controller’s Knowledge Dissemination Division – Oct. 19
- Communications Officer/Production Coordinator – Oct. 23
College of William & Mary – Assistant Director of Development – $28k-$32k – Williamsburg, Va. – Oct. 21
League of Conservation Voters – Deputy National Field Director – Oct. 21
National Military Family Association – Development Manager – Oct. 21
National Multi Housing Council:
Un-named group promoting Azerbaijan-America relations – Executive Director – Oct. 21
The American Institutes for Research seek highly-experienced Director of Communications & Public Affairs – strong media relations skill-set required; familiarity with social sciences and mission-driven organizations preferred.
You can disregard the preferred mid-August start-date noted for Graphic Designer post with Baltimore’s Bryn Mawr School; we have it on good authority that they are still actively seeking candidates with fluency in designing executions in various formats including print and interactive, collateral, and advertising specialties, as well as mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign.
- Deputy Project Director – focus on healthcare communications
- Communications Officer, Writer/Editor
- Senior Specialist, Policy Advocacy – supports USAID’s Emerging Pandemic Threats Program – the less of which we hear about, the better
Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy seeks Assistant Director for Strategic Outreach to manage communications matters with a focus on legislative and public affairs – requirements include 10+ years of work experience, including a combination of journalism, public relations, marketing, congressional affairs, new media and technical skills/energy industry knowledge.
American Action Forum – Internships, Spring 2012 – interest areas: tax & budget - health care - education - international tax & trade - regulation - energy & the environment - financial services - national security & international affairs – new media – press – apply by Nov. 11
American Health Information Management Association – Director, Federal Relations (scroll to find) – 4-6 years of progressively responsible work experience in health care, health policy research/analysis, and/or public sector consulting required; experience with federal initiatives within DHHS agencies preferred.
Bloomberg has openings for contract-status Copy Editor and Copy Editor/Analyst as well as a full-time, just-what-it sounds like Congressional Floor Watcher.
Burness Communications (scroll down):
CACI – Media Intern – Baltimore, MD
Loyola University seeks Director of Development for their business school – five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising required; MBA preferred – Baltimore, MD
Magellan Health seeks Outreach Communications Consultant (search communications category or job # 11911) to interface with military community in support of the Defense Centers for Excellence for Psychological Health/Brain Injury – experience marketing and communicating with the veterans, military, and disability communities among their preferences for the post. A Communications Director (11897) position is also available in Baton Rouge, LA.
Penn State University – State College, PA:
Mystery employer involved in online education has a short-term proofreading assignment in East Baltimore for a Editorial Assistant & Proofreader – $17-$19/hr – search managed by Kelly Services
National Association of Auto Dealers (scroll to find or search by relevant category):
Nuclear Energy Institute seek a Senior Director, Public Affairs with 10 to 15 years experience in public relations/marketing field, including management of significant budgets and experience in communicating about contentious issues.
Several opportunities to join the critter-protectors at the ASPCA:
- Director of Grassroots Advocacy
- Federal Legislative Director
- Federal Legislative Manager
- Vice President of State Affairs
- Coordinator, Major Gifts – New York
- Director, Major Gifts – New York
- Manager, Media & Communications – New York
- Media Coordinator – New York
- State Legislative Director – location unspecified
The National Quality Forum works at building consensus on national priorities and goals for performance improvement in the healthcare field:
identify project interdependencies and ensure stakeholders understand and operate with these interdependencies in mind) Director, Operating Plan Governance & Communications post with Fannie Mae right for you? Or at least comprehensible?