Those lucky souls with a background in the physical sciences and training in science communication and/or journalism are encouraged to check out this Public Information Specialist, Training/Social Media opportunity with the American Geophysical Union.
Maryland-National Capitol Parks & Planning Commission – $75k-$128k – Functional Planning and Policy Division Chief – manages an interdisciplinary team in the fields of transportation modeling, historic preservation and environmental policy.
The Center for Education Reform seeks Director of Public Relations to help in their mission to bring about structural and sustainable changes that can dramatically improve educational opportunities for decades to come.
We would guess that working at the Institute of War and Peace Reporting is kind of intense:
Leading beauty products & retail chain seeks Senior Director of Internal Communications – but, before you get too excited, the apply button here forces you to climb The Ladders.
Another Ladder-riffic opportunity we’ve come across is with the leading global business services provider in modular space and storage solutions – which, of course is the mellifluously-named Algeco Scotsman operation. Perhaps you can avoid the paywall and apply for this Baltimore-based Communications Manager post via the address found here.
- Admin Assistant, WAMU 88.5 – $30k-$35k
- Admin Assistant, School of Public Affairs – $14-$17/hr
- Assistant Director for Foundation, Government & Corporate Support for the Washington Institute for Public and International Affairs Research – $65k-$75k
- Senior Manager, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Research Associate, Global Assets Project
- Research Associate, Open Technology Initiative
- Public Relations Coordinator
- PR Copywriter
- Marketing Specialist, Public Sector
- Regional Public Relations Manager
- Public Relations Coordinator – New York
Office of the Secretary of the Army – Congressional Control Specialist – $105k-$136k – job ID: NEHT11321874544014D – apply by Oct. 18
General Dynamics IT:
- Communications Consultant
- Corporate Communications Specialist
- Communications Manager
- Strategic Communications Specialist
DC Dept. of Youth Rehabilitation Services – Public Affairs Specialist (search job ID 18502) – $85k-$109k – apply by Oct. 26
National Park Service – Public Affairs Specialist at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site – $59k-$93k – job ID: AT541973 – Atlanta, GA – apply by Oct. 19
Since we last checked in, the Atlantic Council of the U.S. appears to have added Assistant Director, Energy & Environment Program and Assistant Director, Young Atlantacist Program opportunities.
Drug Policy Alliance:
- Deputy Director, External Affairs – New York – search managed by Gumbs + Partners
- Deputy Director, Programs – New York – search managed by Gumbs + Partners
- Legislative Affairs Program Intern, Spring 2012 – DC-based – apply by Nov. 2
- additional Intern opportunities – New York & Berkeley, CA
Oktoberfest opportunities abound this weekend:
- Oktoberfest Reston – Oct. 7-9 – Reston, Va.
- Capitol City Brewing Co. – Oct. 8 – Arlington/Shirlington, Va.
- Maryland Brewers’ Oktoberfest – Oct. 8 – Timonium, MD
- Oktoberfest Party at the Goethe Institute – Oct. 8 – near Gallery Place/Verizon Center area, DC
- Oktoberfest at the Kentlands – Oct. 9 – Gaithersburg, MD
- Kings Dominion – Oct. 9 – Doswell, Va.
- on a related note, Oct. 6-16 is Baltimore Beer Week – see the events tab for a really impressive array of fresh options daily in Charm City