The local (Rockville) outpost of NASDAQ seeks Marketing Manager with 4-6 years worth of relevant marketing & communications experience – perhaps you’ll get to lord over the Corporate Communications Intern as part of the bargain.
Cultural Vistas has a Web Graphic Designer opening in their Columbia, MD office – strong knowledge and proven experience with Adobe CS5 applications, Dreamweaver and Photoshop lead the list of desired qualifications for the post.
- Admin Assistant, School of Public Affairs – part-time – $11-$13/hr
- Strategic Program & Events Coordinator, School of Communication – $20-$21/hr
- Associate Director of Development – $48k-$58k
- Senior Reporter, WAMU 88.5 – appears to be primarily web-oriented, covering local DC issues – apply by Oct. 17
Pew Charitable Trusts:
Embassy of Australia seeks Congressional Liaison Officer – which sounds more promising before you get to the caveat: it would be highly desirable (but not essential) for applicants to have or be eligible for a DFAT recognised security clearance. In order to be eligible for such a clearance, applicants must be an Australian citizen, hold dual Australia-US citizenship or be a citizen of a third country. $41k – apply by Oct. 28 – and be a little concerened about the future of the land down under, while you’re at it.
Writing up the Aussies reminds us to check in on their Commonwealth cousins at the British Embassy:
- Higher Education Advisor – $52k – apply by Oct. 28
- Business Development Associate, Energy & Environment - $44k – Chicago, IL – apply today, Oct. 14
- Consular Assistant – part-time – $22k – Orlando, FL – Oct. 26
- Support Officer, Development & Human Rights – $41k – New York – apply by Nov. 5
- Interns, Spring 2012 – apply by Oct. 28
AARP seeks Program Manager to help develop and implement digital strategies to reach women on planning for long-term care.
World Learning – fellowship and consulting opportunities
Milliman’s evidence-based clinical guidelines and software from to support the care management of a majority of Americans:
Takeda Pharmaceuticals – enablers of sleep and fighters of gout – have a spot on the roster for a Federal Government Affairs Intern this Summer.
We’re fans of the folks at Ketchum, but we’re pretty sure your friends will make fun of your title as Digital Assistant there (so you’re essentially a Blackberry or iPhone?) - looking for candidates with 1-2 years professional experience, ideally in print & digital production and a natural inclination to deliver excellent client service.
The Massachusetts Teachers Association seeks part-time as part-time Senate District Coordinators for their Legislative and Political Action Teams throughout the Bay State.
A newly formed non-profit organization promoting closer relations between Azerbaijan and America seeks a committed, motivated, strategic-thinker to fulfill the role of Executive Director – apply by Oct. 21
... and finally, you could always sell some Hoyas tickets as an athletic dept. Account Exec for Georgetown University.
For this weekend’s Oktoberfest fun, we super-highly recommend Saturday afternoon’s Oktobeerfest at Rustico in Alexandria – here’s a roster of beers on tap to get you primed. Folks in the Northern precincts of DCPA+CJ's viewing area might prefer to patronize Baltimore’s Real Ale Festival, instead.
* maybe one of the guys in LRB should apply for the Australian Embassy job. Or at least stop by while they're in the area.