We see a lot of change, challenge & opportunity in the publishing industry – get in on the fun as Director, Communications with the Association of American Publishers – keywords: nimble, high-impact, confident writer, SWAT capacity, curiosity, and able to see around corners.
Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD:
- Project Communications Manager, School of Public Health – $51k-$70k
- Communications Specialist, School of Public Health
- Associate/Senior Associate Director of Constituent Engagement – development/fundraising
- Senior Associate Director of Development, Medical School – $60k-$82k
We’ve finally learned where this Public Affairs Manager post with education reform group MarylandCan is located: it's Lanham, MD – while first noted a couple weeks ago, we’re also told the job remains open. Government Relations & Manager is also available in Maryland, as are similar opportunities with their New York siblings.
Mystery Fortune 500 employer – Counsel, Government & Political Affairs – San Francisco Bay area – search managed by Barker Gilmore
Develop and execute communications plans that require online and electronic tactics to deliver and promote news, resources, and information; responsible for all aspects of website including content management, architecture, design, and search; edits and formats e-newsletters and manages distribution – this (and more) is your life as Web Content Manager with for the National PTA.
Here’s a fresh opportunity with the tiny-typeface-tyros at the World Bank: Online Communications Officer with the somewhat nefarious-sounding Controller’s Knowledge Dissemination Division. We’re guessing your duties include occasional wet work or ferrying suitcases full of money or God-knows-what around European capitals.
We’re not sure why the Capitol Hill jobs we find online are predominantly (and today, exclusively) on the D side of the partisan divide:
- Democratic Member of the Financial Service Committee – Legislative Assistant, Financial Services
- Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-CA) – Intern
- NY Democrat of the Ranking sort – Committee Communications Director
- Moderate Democrat – Staff Assistant/Legislative Correspondent
- Senior Democrat – Health Policy Advisor
- Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) – Intern
- Senior Democrat – Press Secretary
- Senior California MoC – Legislative Assistant
The DC Bar Association seeks Social Media Specialist with min. 3 years’ background working with social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging software, as well experience writing marketing and editorial copy for social media. Admin & Intern slots also available.
Mystery charity focused on serving the serve needy residents of the Metro area – Development Director – $55k
Abel Communications/JPL – Account Supervisor/PR & Social Media Professional – Harrisburg, PA
Levick Strategic Communications lists several opportunities available across the experience spectrum
Gizmodo – Interns – New York and San Francisco, CA
Gawker – Interns – New York – apply by Jan. 5
A trip to San Diego in late February is one of the many burdens you must bear as Event Planning Manager (pdf) with Safety Net Hospitals for Pharmaceutical Access.
And, befitting a rainy morning like this one, perhaps you would like a longer stay in San Diego (today's forecast: sunny with a high of 64) – here’s a few options: