Development Intern and Communications Intern opportunities of the unpaid and starting-immediately variety are available with NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland, located in Silver Spring – we suggest trying to meet the Jan. 18 deadline shown here, although we’ve also seen a Jan. 23 deadline attached to these.
SoundExchange is a non-profit performance rights organization that collects statutory royalties from satellite/internet radio, cable TV music channels and streaming music outlets. Seeking a Communications & Operations Coordinator with 1-2 years relevant experience, and basic knowledge of working with the press.
Myers Research/Strategic Services, a Democratic public opinion research firm, is searching for an experienced team-player for Executive Assistant post, handling a broad range of admin & support duties.
College of American Pathologists
Mystery GOP campaign seeks bilingual Press Secretary with several years of on-the-record experience with mainstream and Hispanic media.
Office of Personnel Management – Legislative Affairs Specialist – $51k-$81k – job ID: 12-057-MYD – apply by Jan. 22
Recently-added opportunities with the Council of Foreign Relations in New York:
- Assistant to the Vice President, National Program & Outreach
- Associate Director, Communications & Marketing
- Deputy Director, Library & Research Services
- Interdepartmental Program Associate
World Resources Institute seeks Director of Online Communications with 5-10 years experience in online communications and management, with a portfolio that includes strategy development, content management and approval, and supervision of ongoing operations – Sustainability Intern post is also available, w/ a $12-$15/hr pay grade
Nature Conservancy (scroll to find or use job#)
- Policy Advisor, International Climate Finance (39646) – apply by Jan. 23
- Director of Principal Gifts, Mid-Atlantic (39647) – apply by Feb. 12
- Philanthropy Coordinator (39644) – San Francisco, CA – apply by Jan. 23
- Corporate Practices Intern (39661) – apply by Jan. 25
- Associate Director of Development
- recently added positions supporting the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform include Project Manager – Research Assistant (two openings) – Research Director and another listing for Research Director
- Senior Fellow in International Diplomacy – John L. Thornton China Center – proficiency in Mandarin preferred
Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs – Communications Intern
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Senior Officer, Research & Writing – Pew Health Group
- Associate, Compliance – Certified Business Continuity Planner or Associate Disaster Recovery Planner accreditation preferred.
- Officer, Pew Prescription Project
- Officer, Planning & Evaluation
Conservation International seeks Director of Executive Branch Outreach to build support for their work within various federal agencies including USAID, State Department, Interior Department, Department of Defense, Department of Energy, etc. A high-profile/high-experience Senior Vice President, Center for Conservation & Governance post is also available.
New from Edelman PR:
- Vice President, Digital/Consumer Technology
- Account Supervisor/Email Marketing Manager
- Account Supervisor/Senior Project Manager with their StrategyOne affiliate – New York
People for the American Way shows Internships aplenty
For your future entertainment, please note that our friends at Rustico are offering occasional Saturday afternoon Beer Academy sessions at their Ballston outpost. The assorted liquid components included are sure to be great, but just hanging out listening to Greg Engert talk about beer for a couple hours is worth the price of admission by itself. Move fast: the earliest sessions are already sold out.