A mystery Democrat city/county council member in the metro region seeks highly motivated Communications Director with at least five years’ experience in advocacy/political communications & media relations.
Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Chief Policy Officer
- Legislative Director – specifically seeking Iraq & Afghanistan veterans for this post
Arlington County Dept. of Environmental Services – Communications Intern – for current full-time undergrad or graduate students; previous experience with web content management systems preferred.
The Council on Foundations seeks Communications Strategist with 5-7 years experience demonstrating innovation, resourcefulness and solid writing skills.
Unknown Michigan Republican MoC seeks Interns of the unpaid variety for this Summer.
Asia Society – Vice President, Communications & Marketing (pdf) – seeking candidates with 12+ years communications experience and familiarity with Asia-related issues – New York
The Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics has enlisted JDG Search to help identify a new Executive Director to lead the group. Job seekers with a public policy research/statistical background might also consider COPAFS' membership roster and their list of federal statistical agencies as nice resources for their own search needs.
- Development Officer – positions available in DC & on West Coast – search managed by DRI Consulting
- government affairs, media & design Interns (scroll down)
Smithsonian Institution – Director of International Relations – $119k-$165k – job ID: EX-12-17 – apply by July 5
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (search DC location)
- Coordinator, Grassroots Advocacy
- Development Assistant, Capitol Chapter
- additional development/fundraising positions also available in other locations including Amarillo, Atlanta, & Pittsburgh
City of Manassas, Va. – Communications Coordinator – $56k-$92k – apply by June 22
University of Virginia – Communications Specialist – $33k-$60k – supporting UVa Health System development/fundraising – web/graphic design skills particularly sought – Charlottesville, Va.
Western-looking, art-enthusiast development & fundraising pros may be interested these opportunities with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art:
- Director of Leadership Gifts
- Director of Gift Planning
- Campaign Associate
- Visitor Services Attendant – part time – $12/hr
National Park Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $62k-$115k – job ID: WO-DCBH-12-667225-DE – apply by June 18