George Washington University seems like the right place to start on the federal holiday officially known as Washington’s Birthday, which is, oddly enough, called President’s Day at GW:
- Director of Corporate Relations – development/fundraising – despite date shown w/ listing, this comes up under jobs posted in last week at GW careers page
- Associate Director, Foundation Relations – see note above
- Programming Manager for Lisner Auditorium
- MBA Admissions Coordinator
- Research Assistant – part-time – supporting the Certificate in Leadership and Political Management program in Nicaragua – bilingual w/ Spanish a must
A non-profit dedicated to providing facts on the economy & how government policy affects America’s financial well-being seeks Deputy Director, Social Media Action Center to be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Social Media Action Center team, producing social media reports, flagging trending topics, interacting with influencers, & coordinating with other organizations. Manager will need to foster a culture of creativity amongst the team and constantly be identifying "what's next" in digital & social media – search managed by the Center for Shared Services
DC Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development – Public Information Officer – $90k-$127k – apply by Feb. 24
This External Communications Coordinator post supporting the DC/gov’t relations office at Caterpillar is set for unposting on 2/25 at 12:59 am, so let’s just say apply by Feb, 24, OK?
Human Rights First
- Junior Video Editor/Communications Assistant – New York
- Summer Internships for law students – preference for applications received by Feb. 20 – also available in New York
Ketchum – Online Strategy Intern
Marine Corps Heritage Foundation – Internships – Dumfries, Va.
National Community Reinvestment Coalition
- Web and Social Media Manager
- Director of Development
- Graphic Designer/Publications Manager
- Communications/New Media Intern
Or perhaps Chicago, IL is more your speed: American Hospital Association – Senior Director of Advocacy – knowledge of healthcare facility design, technology integration, infrastructure reinvestment, and energy management required.
Boutique PR firm Simoneink specializes in promoting luxury hotels and restaurants – seeking Public Relations Associate to pitch and promote their clientele to leisure/hospitality journalists.
We close your not-really-President’s Day with a probably-not-historically-accurate depiction of the Great Emancipator smoking an electronic cigarette, courtesy of the folks at Smoke Free, Inc., where you could be Social Media Director – Owings Mills, MD