So, we're fired up that we've reached opening day for your Washington Nationals is here – perhaps some spots still remain available on the roster per these Intern opportunities
N. Chapman Associates Inc., a boutique consulting firm that specializes in food policy and health communication, seeks Director of Communications to support a trade association client – Experience or interest in community outreach, specifically related to health, wellness & fitness deemed a plus
Free the Slaves seeks Web Producer/Graphic Designer with at four years experience working in both web communications & graphic design, with a comprehensive portfolio of both electronic & printed materials; video editing/Final Cut skills a plus – Director of Development (as noted in our recent fundraising jobs special) and Internships (scroll down) also available.
Fresh opportunities with the National Alliance of Public Charter Schools:
- Manager, Programs – 3 or more years of relevant professional experience, preferably in marketing or event planning, is desired
- Senior Director, Finance & Operations – seeking 6-8 years professional experience in finance or accounting roles with at least a portion of that work taking place in a nonprofit setting
The on-demand car service innovators at Uber seek a Public Policy professional (scroll to find) who combines hustle and energy w/ regulatory savvy – San Francisco, CA is preferred base of operations, with plenty of travel (like a European diplomat, no less) as part of the bargain – operations posts (scroll down) available in DC and nationwide.
Speaking of Euro-travel: our friends at the Public Affairs Council seek a Managing Director, European Office in Brussels, Belgium – DC-based Internships also available
Treasury Dept. – Communications Specialist – $51k-$67k – job ID: 13-DO-365P – web & social media management focus – apply by Apr. 15
Creative Associates International, professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments, seeks Social Media Engagement Associate
George Washington University
- Media Services Coordinator, Law School – audiovisual and videoconferencing training & support post
- Executive Director of Development, Business School
- Communications Assistant – part-time – we think this is likely in support of GW’s Institute of Communitarian Policy Studies
The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association, founded in 1912 as the Colored Intercollegiate Athletic Association, is the oldest African-American athletic conference in the nation – join the team as Associate Commissioner of Communications/Media Relations – Hampton, Va.
DC Government – Special Assistant – $62k-$79k – apply today, Apr. 1
Warning: You must pass not one but two tough proofreading tests to merit consideration for a part-time PR Project Coordinator post with Boscobel Communications
Aspen Institute – Brett Scowcroft Fellowship – six month term anticipated, starting in June
Senior Director, Policy & Advocacy Programs
Rather stay in Chevy Chase for a longer term? Scripps Networks seeks Partnership Coordinator to support their Travel Channel property.
American Diabetes Association
- Manager, Fundraising & Special Events
- Manager, Planned Giving
- Director, African American Initiatives
- Director, Multicultural Marketing
- Interns: Marketing & Communications – Web & Email Production – Web Production
- Special Events Intern – Chesapeake, Va.
Lockheed-Martin – Communications Coordinator – current Top Secret clearance and 4-6 years related experience required
Carfax – Government Relations Manager – seeking candidates with 3-5 years previous experience in a GR position in the private sector or with a nonprofit – Centreville, Va.
Financial Regulation Newsletter Reporter – minimum three years of experience working at major newspapers, wire services, and/or financial newsletter required
Commodity Futures Trading Commission – Staff Assistant – $50k-$82k – job ID: CFTC-OCH-2013-0004 – apply by Apr. 4
World Society for the Protection of Animals – New York, except as noted:
- Legislative & Public Affairs Specialist – DC-based
- Campaigns Director, North America
- Digital Manager
- Donor Services Associate
- Senior Direct Marketing Manager
- Development Prospect Researcher
- Foundations & Corporate Officer
- Major Gifts Manager
The computer defenders at McAfee seek Government Relations Intern who knows better than to click on the OMG check out these cute puppies!!! link from an unfamiliar email correspondent
DHS/Transportation Security Administration – Public Affairs Specialist – $88k-$137k – job ID: HQ-SCPA-13-592868 – apply by Apr. 8
Wachapreague sound a little too cozy for you? How about Chicago, IL and the Greater Chicago Food Depository, then?
- Director of Individual Giving
- Special Events Coordinator
- Coordinator, No Kid Hungry Illinois
- Communications Intern
Mystery nonprofit – Admin Assistant – to $45k – search managed by TRAK Legal
Afterschool Alliance – Executive Assistant (pdf)
just communications/media relations opportunities