Association management firm Smith Bucklin seeks Government Relations Coordinator – 1-2 years on Capitol Hill, agency or association government relations work required – several meeting/event planning positions (search DC location) also available.
BrightFocus Foundation seeks a Science Writer who can translate complex information about research on Alzheimer’s and other health conditions associated with aging into compelling stories and information about the human side of science; ideal candidate has five years in journalism or relevant writing experience.
The DC-based School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins University seeks Communications Coordinator with at least two to three years experience in some mix of media relations, publications, social media, special events and/or web content development – audio/video recording & editing skills preferred.
The would appear to be new with the American Red Cross since our mid-July Humanitarian & Relief Jobs Special
- Director, International Humanitarian Law – JD required
- Director, Social Engagement
- Officer, Major Gift Programs
- Corporate & Foundation Officer – could be located in DC or any major (meaning major airport convenient, we guess) city in MN, WI, IA, or MO
- Senior Station Manager – manages and administers the delivery of Red Cross services to members of the U.S. military and their families assigned to military installations worldwide – based at domestic or international military installation
Make a Wish Mid-Atlantic – Vice President of Communications & Community Relations – minimum 7-10 years of experience in a nonprofit marketing-communications role required.
New-ish opportunities with the Newspaper Association of America:
- Director of Communications
- Public Policy Assistant – part-time – $15/hr
- Web & Digital Marketing Intern and Membership & Marketing Intern – $15/hr
managing agency partners, internal teams and projects.
CONNECT, a program helping to promote & nurture innovative technology and life sciences start-up companies in San Diego County, seeks DC-based Vice President, Public Policy; substantial background in innovation policy issues required.
New since our couple-weeks-back check-in w/ the Sierra Club:
- Associate Organizing Representative for Our Wild America/California Chapter – Sacramento, CA
- General Services Administrator – San Francisco, CA
- Advertising, Production & Marketing Coordinator – part-time – San Francisco, CA
- 2013 Apprenticeship Program – 6-month term starting in Sept. – Lansing, MI; Austin, TX; St. Louis, MO; Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA and unspecified MA location – apply by Aug. 16
Academy Health – Program Assistant, Conferences – $30k-$35k – some internship or other relevant work experience required; Interest in association meeting management (hey, you get to travel a bit, so there’s that) is preferred.
The Embassy of Canada seeks secret-cleared (or perhaps clearable, we’re not certain) Canadian citizen for Program Assistant, Political post – $52k – French language skills deemed an asset – apply by July 29
Latest with C-SPAN:
- Production Assistant
- Production Assistant for Washington Journal
- Production Assistant for First Ladies – Aug. 2013 to Feb. 2014
Admin Assistant is the latest DC-based opportunity available with our friends at Ketchum
George Washington University
- Director of Development/Major Gifts, College of Arts & Sciences
- Research Associate – experience and/or training in qualitative and quantitative methods and survey research is preferred, as well as familiarity with education & education policy issues
- Associate Director of Development Communications
Consumer Healthcare Products Association – Associate Director, State Government Affairs – seeking resumes showing 3 to 5 years of experience as a staffer at a state legislature and/or in direct lobbying position
National Association of Realtors
Web Reporter/Fellow for Kaiser Health News – one year term – note (or perhaps warning): your typical workday commences at 6:30 a.m.
Opportunities with e-newsletter publisher SmartBrief include Editor as well as Freelance Writer, Education and general Freelance Writer positions – marketing/sales & tech-oriented posts also available
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Senior Campaign Manager, School & Youth – National Capitol Chapter
- Donor Development Director – New York
- Senior Director, Policy Development – White Plains, NY
- Manager of External Relations – White Plains, NY
- Admin Assistant, Donor Development – White Plains, NY
The Reston-located American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics seeks Director of Communications with 10+ years of relevant experience, as well as strong editorial, social media and online engagement skills
- Assistant Director for Legislation, Healthcare
- Integrated Campaign Coordinator
- Research Associate, Healthcare Division
Parlay your knowledge of NoVa and publishing/digital media experience in this Online Editor post with Northern Virginia Magazine – and, hey look: beer-infused pizza in Falls Church!
Piedmont Virginia Community College – Web Content & Design Specialist – $40k – seeking candidates with at least four years experience conceiving, writing, designing and producing engaging multimedia content for web, social media, etc. – Charlottesville, Va.
Is it too early to be thinking about hockey season? Given the current state of the Nats, we’d say it’s just fine to start focusing on your Washington Capitals, and this Media Relations Internship. Or step up in job status and step down in competition level via this Director of Communications post with the Norfolk Admirals – Norfolk, Va.
Your Monday job-search tool: identify potential non-profit employers via Charity Navigator – including, as of this writing, 413 found in DC, 145 in Maryland, and 239 in Virginia.