National Nurses United – Policy Researcher/Assistant or Legislative & Political Assistant – top notch writing and research skills, knowledge of organizing principles & social movements, and sound political judgment required.
NAFSA/The Association of International Educators seeks a Staff Assistant to support their public policy team – high energy, people-oriented personal style, and confident presence required to handle a wide variety of duties.
The Insured Retirement Institute seeks a Director of Research & Outreach (pdf) who to manage IRI’s research team and build external relationships to enhance the Institute’s brand and awareness among retirement income policy professionals and other stakeholders in the public policy arena.
The Century Foundation seeks to add a New York-based Blogger & Social Media Specialist to their communications operation – three years of online writing experience and related skill set could end up placing you at the head of the Blog of the Century.
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Assistant Editor for Sada, an online journal on Arab political reform – Arabic language skills required – apply by July 23
- Research Assistant, Middle East Program – fluency in Arabic required – apply by July 23
- Research Intern – apply by July 29
The National Association of State Foresters seeks Forest Policy Director with knowledge of the federal appropriations & legislative process; working knowledge of forestry issues and Capitol Hill or association advocacy experience preferred – apply by Aug. 15
National Institutes of Health – Writer-Editor/Communications Specialist – $62k-$115k – job ID: NIH-CC-DE-13-920206 – apply by July 19
McMurry/TMG seeks Director of Content Velocity – caffeinated job description cites your longstanding desire to work for a company that “gets it” and admires your willingness to jump onto a rocket ship midflight – Digital Marketing Intern also available
International Spy Museum – Graphic & Web Design Specialist – we’d like to think they’d prefer a dossier and some forged documents attesting to your ruthless work containing that situation in Budapest and contacts in the Mossad and MI-6, but you had probably had best just stick w/ CV, cover letter and relevant portfolio – Curator/Historian, catering & retail sales posts also available
Opportunities with research & strategic consulting cabal Greenberg Quinlan Rosner:
Executive Assistant, Communications
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration – Congressional Affairs Specialist – $62k-$97k – job ID: SO-UNSEC-2013-0005 – apply by July 19
Humane Society of the U.S. – Special Events Coordinator, Philanthropy – familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database highly desired
- Grassroots Manager
- Manager, Regulatory Affairs
- Operations Manager for the government relations team
- more available in the New York HQ, as well
Export-Import Bank of the United States – Program Support Assistant, Congressional Affairs – $51k-$67k – job ID: D038-COMM-13-924362 – apply by July 18
National School Boards Association seeks an Associate Executive Director to lead the NSBA strategic public advocacy and communications function – demonstrated competence in developing and implementing strategic communications plans that advance policy goals is among the wants for the position.
These appear to be new with the Cato Institute since last month’s think tank spectacular:
- Director of Media Relations
- Administrative/Research Assistant for the Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity
- Conference Registrar
- Development Assistant
Little Sisters of the Poor/Jeanne Jugan Residence – Development Secretary – bookkeeping skills & some familiarity w/ fundraising sought
- Alabama Democrat – Scheduler
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) – Legislative Assistant
- Office of the Chief Admin Officer – Superintendent, House Press Gallery – apply by July 23
- Maryland Democrat – Intern – apply by July 26
- Southern Conservative – Intern
- Rep. John Garamendi (D-CA) – Intern
- Rep. Steven Horsford (D-NV) – Intern
- Mystery Democrat – Intern
- Rep. John Larson (D-CT) – Intern
- Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) – Intern – apply by Aug. 15
Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education – Program Specialist – DoD-related admin experience preferred – located in Aberdeen-adjacent Belcamp, MD
Put your prior experience documenting historic buildings through archival research, photography, and measured drawings to work as Project Assistant (scroll down) for the Mulberry Row Project at Monticello for the Thomas Jefferson Foundation – Charlottesville, Va. – apply by July 26