The Friends of the Earth promise to pull no punches in their efforts supporting environmental protection and social justice – and neither should you in your CV & letter demonstrating that you are the strategic-thinking/effectively-executing person for the post of Communications Director – search abetted by Fenton Communications.
Porter-Novelli seeks Account Supervisor for their public affairs practice with a solid understanding of managing successful communications programs, from strategy to tactics to evaluation; experience w/ agriculture-related issues helpful.
A leading independent communications & public affairs firm seeks Senior Manager with top-notch writing and research skills, along with experience & contacts in media relations – supervisory experience also valued.
- Web Content Coordinator, Housing & Dining Programs – $17-$19/hr
- Program Assistant, Arab World Studies and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies – part-time – $14-$16/hr
Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation – Internships – DC and regionally-based
Pew Charitable Trusts
- Senior Associate, State Fiscal Health & Economic Growth
- Associate, Executive Office
- Officer, International Ocean Policy – London, UK
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Media Relations Officer – $123k-$155k – job ID: CMS-OC-DE-14-966049 – apply by Oct. 8
The Council on Foundations seeks a Director of Communications with 6-8 years of experience in marketing, media relations and communications.
Kaiser Permanente – Senior Editorial & OnLine Communication Consultant (search communications category or job # 205813) – seeking candidates with 5 years of experience in marketing communications including managing publications, managing content for the Web, project management, writing.
Mid-summer advertised (search DC location; scroll to second page) on their own site, but freshly surfacing again on Idealist, are these posts with NAFSA/Association of International Educators:
- Senior Director for Media Relations & Advocacy
- Senior Director for Public Policy
- Staff Assistant, Public Policy
Content Creation Specialist opportunity with Home Depot
And one more in the ATL: the British Embassy seeks Head of Press, Politics & Public Affairs for their Atlanta outpost – $46k – apply by Oct. 23
Want to stay on the good side of the local constabulary? Development Associate for the Washington DC Police Foundation might be a good place to start.
… and, finally: schmooze and pander to VIPs, make sure Mr. Hollywood is happy w/ his R8 Spyder, and occasionally jet off to Ingolstadt as Experiential Marketing Specialist, VIP/Influencer Programming for the Audi brand with the Volkswagen Group of America. As for us, we still like the look of the late-90’s cabriolet.
- Fort Belvoir Oktoberfest – Oct. 3-6
- Ventnor Sports Café Harvestfest – Adams Morgan – Oct. 4
- Meridian Pint Oktoberfest – Columbia Heights – Oct. 5
- Cap City Oktoberfest – Shirlington/Arlington, Va. – Oct. 5
- Vienna Oktoberfest – Oct. 5
- Germantown Oktoberfest – Oct. 5
- Dawson’s Market Oktoberfest – Rockville, MD – Oct. 5
- Crabtoberfest – Cambridge, MD – Oct. 5
- Strasburg Oktoberfest – Oct. 5
- Taste of Bethesda – Oct. 5
- Carytown Food & Wine Festival – Oct. 6 – Richmond, Va.