... at least that's what one seer-of-digits below would have you believe. And who are you to doubt that, with fresh job-catch below, as well as previously noted opportunities closing this week and special bonus new listings available here?
The Pew Research Center seeks a 5-years-experiended Communications Associate to utilize media relations, stakeholder engagement, event planning, publications and social media outreach to promote publicize their varied findings. Also available: Senior Writer/Editor
This New York-based Coordinator, Special Events post is the latest opportunity from the United Nations Foundation – at least two years of event/meeting planning experience required – apply by Oct. 24
New since our Oct. 1 check-in w/ the Aspen Institute:
- Associate Director for Strategic Communications and Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships in support of the Franklin Project, a voluntary civilian service project prototype
- Project Director and Senior Program Associate supporting the Rockefeller/Aspen Diaspora Project
International Resources Group/Engility seeks DC-based Outreach and Public Information Specialist to support USAID’s Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs – willingness to travel to Afghanistan and ability to achieve top secret clearance are, quite reasonably, prerequisites for the post – apply by Oct. 28
George Washington University
Director, Public Policy & Research – seeking candidate with 5+ years of experience in public policy; government relations; grassroots, advocacy; public education, and/or research, preferably related to anti-poverty work – DC or Chicago, IL
World at Work – Media Manager (scroll down) – 5-7 years’ experience at a news outlet, trade association, Capitol Hill or other professional setting sought, as well as background working with the U.S. legislative and regulatory process.
Prince George’s County Public Schools – Senior Public Information Specialist (search administrative category or use keyword IRC67451) – $65k-$109k – Upper Marlboro, MD – apply by Nov. 1
Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Speechwriter – $70k-$96k – apply by Oct. 24
- Vice President, Communications – $125k-$140k – apply by Oct. 24
Broadband-for-all advocate EveryoneOn seeks Director of Public Relations for strategic communications, media relations & fundraising work – hit send on your resume/cover letter by 5:00 pm on Nov. 1, and then head out for one of those lovely, late fall Friday happy hours.
Speaking of telecom-land, here’s a couple from Comcast:
- Digital Media Supervisor (10714BR)
- Sports Reporter (11071BR) – you get to be a co-worker of Dianna Russini, which is OK by us.
- Content Producer (12068BR)
- Reporter (12069BR)
The Alliance for Justice is offering a Public Interest Fellowship for a recent law school grad. Sept. 2014 through Aug. 2015 term – $42k – apply by Nov. 1
Malaria No More – Director of Policy & Advocacy – must hate malaria; really really hate it.
- Communications Associate, Drug Development Program – South San Francisco, CA
- Senior Communications Associate, Brand Content & Strategy – Seattle, WA
We close your Columbus Day set w/ some very straightforward career advice from a well-known but-perhaps-unexpected source.