Speaking of super-excellent & awesome, etc., yesterday's run of previously noted opportunities closing this week is supplemented by some new finds there that the Sunday-search crowd is already ahead of you on.
Longview – Senior Communications Specialist – supporting their Dept. of Veterans Affairs client; 7+ years of comprehensive experience in marketing, writing/editing, public relations, and communications management desired.
Menlo Park, CA is the preferred location for these freshly-available Junior Communications Officer and Web & Social Media Content Editor two opportunities with the Kaiser Family Foundation, but we’re assured that DC-based candidates will also be considered
Organic Trade Association – Government Affairs/Policy Intern – $12/hr – legislative/regulatory monitoring and research-related duties predominant
TekPro Services, a self-assessed dynamic 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation … recognized for its excellence in engineering and technical support services seeks Public & Congressional Affairs Specialist, presumably also of the dynamic sort; 3-4 years of experience as a Public Affairs Officer/Manager in the federal government arena particularly sought, can also search here, using DC location, if direct link proves vexing.
George Washington University
- Director of Government & International Relations
- Senior Associate Director of Communications, Medical School
- Assistant Director of Development, GW Museum/Textile Museum
MITRE Corp. – Senior Media & Communications Representative – focus on social and traditional media relations for several of the corporation’s federally funded research centers, and on community relations in the McLean/Fairfax area.
Lockheed-Martin (search public relations job class or use req ID)
- Media Relations Representative, Mission Systems and Training (289496BR)
- Communications Representative, Missiles & Fire Control (289871BR) – Orlando, FL
Association of American Universities
- Public Affairs Assistant – apply by May 15
- Assistant/Associate Vice President of Policy – apply by May 21
Nature Conservancy (scroll to find, or use advanced search & job #)
- Gift Planning Admin Assistant (42010) – apply by May 20
- Digital Strategist (42125) – apply by May 21
- Associate Director of Philanthropy (42135) – Louisville, KY – apply by May 16
- Donor & Community Outreach Coordinator (41927) – Louisville, KY – apply by May 16
- Director of Philanthropy (42137) – Nashville, TN – apply by May 19
- Florida State Director (42139) – Altamonte Springs, FL – apply by June 22
Sprint seeks Manager, Communications to support government relations/regulatory activities, and for crisis communications work – Reston-based.
Fountaine & Company – Baltimore, MD
Lead Public Affairs Specialist – $106k-$138k – job ID: FNCSR- 14-092-DT – deadline extended to May 20
- Writer/Content Manager – apply by May 14
- Colorado Field Director – temporary through mid-Nov. 2014 – $5k/mo. – field-based – apply by May 15
Montgomery County – Deputy Director, Office of Public Information (search managerial/executive category or use keyword IRC14509) – $78k-$143k – apply by May 28
National Endowment for Democracy
- Public Affairs Coordinator
- Event Manager supporting the World Movement for Democracy – through June 2015
American Cancer Society – Digital Campaign Specialist – five years experience working in organizations or companies involved in grassroots, legislative or political campaigns particularly sought
World Resources Institute
- Communications Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator supporting the Charge energy initiative
- Transport Research Intern
American Traffic Safety Services Association (scroll to find)
Professional Development & Resources – Human Resources – Emerging Professionals & Diversity – Archives