But before we dive in: jobseekers, employers and individuals exploring careers in the media-for-social-impact space should register now for this FREE "Now Hiring!" Networking Lounge at the Media Rise Festival, hosted in partnership with Connected Potential & TableTribes at the Center for Social Impact Communication
Monday, Sept. 22 at 6:30-8:30pm
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
640 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Amplify Public Affairs seeks Assistant Vice President, Public Affairs with exceptional writing skills, as well as a strong media relations background; knowledge of the healthcare policy landscape a plus. Graphic Designer (scroll down) also sought; strong knowledge of major design applications, especially Photoshop & Illustrator, is required.
The National Institutes of Health seeks Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist/Chief, Public Communications Branch to helm communications activities for their National Institute of Child Health & Human Development affiliate – $124k-$157k – apply by Sept. 17 – separately advertised for status candidates here
PATH, a global health organization working to accelerate innovation in vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and systems & services, seek a Policy Communications Officer with a broad-based skill set, including the ability to develop messaging and positioning for an international NGO.
CLS Strategies is in search mode for an entry-level Associate with prior internship/work experience in public relations, public affairs or politics; multitasking ability and attention to detail also highly valued.
Several New York-based opportunities available with the Asia Society:
- Development & Event Associate (pdf) – apply by Sept. 18
- Executive Associate, Office of External Affairs (pdf) – apply by Oct. 10
- Director of Corporate Relations (pdf) – apply by Oct. 17
- Membership Manager (pdf) – apply by Oct. 17
The 316 Group is actively seeking Public Affairs Fellows who are interested in learning about advocacy, public affairs, digital campaigns and government affairs. Ideal candidates should be highly motivated, possess excellent writing skills, be detail-oriented, think critically & creatively; DC Metro location – see their twitter feed for more perspective on the group.
We just missed adding this to yesterday’s higher education jobs special, so we hope you won’t miss Office Administrator supporting the VP of Global Engagement for the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs at Georgetown University – $32k-$38k – 1-2 years of administrative / office experience, preferably in a college environment, is desired.
- Texas Democrat – Legislative Assistant
- Committee on Administration, GOP Staff – Counsel
- Unspecified Committee, Democratic Staff – Analyst – healthcare issue focus
- Wisconsin MoC – Intern – apply today, Sept. 10
- House Judiciary Committee – Press Intern
- Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL) – Intern
- Ohio Republican – Intern
- Maryland Democrat – Intern
- Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) – Intern
- California Republican – Intern
- Rep. Mark Veasey (D-TX) – Intern
- Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) – Intern
- and don’t miss the regularly-updated Senate Employment Bulletin