On a possibly cheerier, or at least more useful this again? note, please don't forget yesterday's run of previously-referenced opportunities closing this week.
maslansky + partners seeks Communications Strategist for various taskings in corporate reputation and branding; public affairs and issue advocacy; new product launches and repositioning – DC or New York – substantive & compensated Intern (scroll down) opportunities also noted
Deeper Green is at work trying to change the way climate change solutions are marketed to the public, so that more people will support those efforts; you may have a place in this undertaking as Field Director or as Field Representative (scroll down), the latter of which is described as an entry-level opportunity.
The American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) has yet-unfilled Political Outreach Intern and Communications Intern (scroll to find) opportunities available for the Fall season.
Mercury Public Affairs seeks highly-organized, broadly-skilled candidate for Associate, International Practice (scroll to find); academic or work experience related to international relations particularly helpful
The Senior Executives Association, advocate for career Federal executives, has Intern (scroll to find) posts available in communications & social media as well as membership & outreach – full or part-time possible
New since our mid-August look-in with Conservation International:
- Vice President, Communications
- Development Coordinator
- Manager, Annual Giving
- Senior Manager, Web Analytics
- Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships – Hong Kong
- Intern, Photo + Digital Asset Management and Intern, REDD + Social & Environmental Standards
The Feminist Majority Foundation, publisher of Ms. magazine and sister organization to The Feminist Majority, has National Campus Organizer and Intern (scroll to find) posts available locally & in Beverly Hills, CA
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Director of Media Relations
- Communications Specialist
- Program Manager of Patient Engagement
- Special Events Specialist – Hartford, CT
- Special Events Logistics Specialist – Metairie, LA
Foundation for the National Archives – Director of Marketing & Communications – apply by Sept. 30
- Data Journalist, National News Desk
- Investigative Reporter & Project Manager, National News Desk
- Graphic Design Intern
Dept. of Energy – Public Affairs Specialist supporting the Advanced Research Projects Agency – $63k-$82k – job ID: DOE-HQ-AA-14-00029-TERM apply by Sept. 19
New finds at Edelman PR since mid-August:
Development Associate appears the latest opportunity to join the dedicated catovocates at Alley Cat Allies
The Justice Research and Statistics Association is a national nonprofit representing state Statistical Analysis Center directors, as well as researchers and practitioners throughout government, academia, and criminal justice organizations – and why not you running that show as Executive Director? Advanced degree preferred – search managed by JDG Search.
Capitol One – Senior Communications Manager (you may have to scroll down) – at least 6 years of media relations/external communications experience is required
Fresh opportunities aplenty with the Environmental Defense Fund:
- Campaign Manager, Young Voters Climate Campaign
- Communications Manager, Ecosystems – location flexible
- Manager, Digital Acquisition
- Coordinator, Data Quality
- Digital Marketing Assistant, Political Affairs – temporary post
- Director of Major Gifts and Development Assistant – New York
- Development Assistant – San Francisco, CA
Support Goodweave in their ambitions to end the use of child labor in carpet weaving communities worldwide as Director of Development, and scroll down for Intern opportunities
American Bar Association – Program Associate, International Programs – $41k-$45k
… and, finally: tomorrow, we’ll get back on track, and back to school, with a Tuesday focused set on opportunities at colleges & universities in DC, Maryland & Virginia – but we figured you would want at head start on this Stable Manager gig at Goucher College in Baltimore, MD. Our first instinct here was to throw a few japes at the questionable educational utility & probable cost-escalating effects of college equestrian programs, but frankly, taking care of horses sounds like a pleasant & worthwhile alternative to the interminable meetings, the never-ending river of emails, and general desk-boundedness of office life. Great pep talk, huh? You're welcome!
* also acceptable for yesterday's misfire in Houston: So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. It's going to be a frustrating Fall for those of us w/ affection for the local squad.