The Kaizen Company touts a 10 year history of implementing organizational development and institutional strengthening projects primarily under USAID , and you could join those operations as DC-based Communications Officer for the Africa Ebola Unit – 8+ years of strategic communications experience, preferably with the U.S. government or development organization, is required, along with ability to to travel to provide surge support for missions in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Raise DC brings together public, private, nonprofit & philanthropic leaders to improve educational and workforce outcomes for young people across the District; they seek a strategic-thinking Communications Manager (pdf) with at least 4 years’ relevant experience, preferably in the education, government or non-profit arena – flexible schedule noted – also available: Program Associate (pdf) – see also main career page.
The SEEP Network, a global network of international practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems, has just begun their search for a Manager, Member Affairs and Global Communications – minimum of 5-7 years’ extensive experience in marketing and communications required – apply by June 5
Take part in the essential city-greening & -shading spearheaded by Casey Trees as a Development & Communications Intern (pdf) this Summer @ $14/hr – Landscape Design Intern ($12-$14/hr; apply today, May 1) and opportunities to join the Summer Work Crew are also available ($9.50/hr; apply by May 16)
We just noticed this comments field item alerting folks to WJLA/ABC 7 News’ need to hire two Web Editors ASAP – he ideal candidates will possess strong news judgment, attention to detail, copy editing skills, familiarity with content management systems and knowledge of how to reach out audiences on Facebook & Twitter.
Venture Hive Fort Walton Beach (Florida), a new technology startup accelerator for veteran entrepreneurs, is hiring a Marketing, Communications & Events Manager to help run the accelerator – seeking individuals with at least 3 years of experience in a marketing or PR role managing regular marketing activities and social media channels, as well as previous service in the U.S. Military.
Do you happen to possess a foundational knowledge of bookkeeping, financial management, human resources, and legal clergy practices? And, are you located somewhere near Bloomfield, CO (between Denver & Boulder)? Those answering in the affirmative are encouraged to check out this Finance & Operations Coordinator post with the Charter School Growth Fund.
- Development Coordinator, School of Communications – $19-$29/hr
- Web Systems Coordinator – proficiency in Studio Abroad, Commonspot & Sharepoint systems required
POLITICO CEO Jim VandeHei make his ambitions clear: we want to – no, we will – be the dominant political and policy media company in DC and the states and Europe and ultimately everywhere – are you the person help achieve this hegemonic vision as Vice President, Communications? And, on the editorial side of the operation, this e-Health Reporter post for POLITICO PRO is pretty fresh.
- Senior Associate, Consumer Banking
- Manager, Internal Communications – neat tidbit in this description: [Pew has] approximately 800 distributed staff with anticipated growth to over 1,000 employees during the course of the next several years
- Admin Assistant, International Boreal Conservation Campaign – Seattle, WA
This Media Relations Specialist post with the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute is new since we noted a senior-version of that title a couple weeks back.
Newest opportunities with Burson Marsteller include one of the local variety:
- Senior Associate, Public Affairs & Crisis
- Client Staff Assistant, Corporate Practice – New York
- Senior Director, Corporate Practice and Senior Director, Corporate/Financial Practice – Chicago, IL
- Associate, Corporate & Financial Communications – Chicago, IL
- Client Staff Assistant, Corporate Practice – Chicago, IL
- Junior Communications Coach with their Direct Impact affiliate – part-time – Detroit, MI
$100k-$105k (plus annual bonus possible) will keep you rolling on fresh tires and premium unleaded as Director, Public Affairs for AAA Mid-Atlantic – we’d be running down to Richmond today for this if we were tapped for that post.
International Center for Research on Women
- Director, Global Communications
- Program Associate, Research – experience with quantitative or qualitative data analysis software preferred
- Communications Intern
University of Virginia
- Managing Editor for the Miller Center – apply by May 10
- Events & Operations Coordinator for the Batten School of Leadership & Public Policy – $42k-$50k
- Multimedia Designer – $40k-$55k
How 'bout those down-to-the-last-second (okay, second+0.3) Capitals, eh? Best wishes for a continually-winning weekend from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.