The Center for American Progress seeks Special Assistant to support their press/communications team – 1-2 years of administrative and/or communications-related experience preferred.
The American Occupational Therapy association is in search more for a Manager, State Affairs to to monitor, analyze & report on emerging issues relevant to the profession – 2 to 4 years of related work/educational experience required – Bethesda Metro-convenient location
Brightly named and Dupont, Adams Morgan & Kalorama-convenient PR firm Sunshine Sachs seeks Senior Account Exec (scroll to find) with 4+ years’ PR experience that includes pitching & placing stories in top-tier media outlets.
Nonprofit Montgomery, an alliance of MoCo nonprofit leaders, seeks its first Executive Director to lead & grow the organization; Rockville-based, but some telecommute/schedule flexibility appears to be part of the package – apply by June 30
DC City Councilmember seeks politically astute Communications Director who can handle a broad range of responsibilities; DC ties and familiarity with local government are a plus.
We originally & mistakenly noted this Policy Director, MD & DC (pdf) post with the healthy river-shed advocates at the Potomac Conservancy as having a June 10 expiration date, but we’ve been helpfully reminded that this as-yet-still-unfilled opportunity actually has a July 10 application deadline.
The American Academy of Nursing seeks Event Coordinator (scroll to find) with Fantastic customer service ethic & high expectations for quality; your 2+ years admin/office experience should include some special event work – apply by June 22
George Washington University
- Associate Director of Development, School of International Affairs
- Assistant Director, Annual Giving – manages and drives strategy for the Colonial Connection, GW’s student calling program – requires 1:00-9:00 pm workday for much of the year
- Associate Director, Annual Giving
- Associate Director, Presidential & Principal Gifts Research
- Public Affairs Specialist, School of International Affairs – $18-$19/hr – apply by July 6
Recently added opportunities with Equal Justice Works:
- Marketing & Communications Manager (pdf)
- Program Coordinator, Law School Engagement & Advocacy (pdf) – JD preferred
- Events & Special Projects Manager (pdf)
UPS seeks Social Media Specialist with to produce & edit a range of content that is consistent with company editorial, brand, and design standards.
New since our mid-May check-in with Conservation International:
- Director, Social Media
- Coordinator, Social Media
- Development Writer
- Coordinator, CI-GEF Project Agency
Smithsonian Institution (scroll to find)
- Advancement Assistant, Freer & Sackler Galleries – apply by June 25
- Advancement Specialist, Traveling Exhibition Service – apply by July 1
- Advancement Associate – apply by July 3
Prevent Cancer Foundation
Communications Associate – seeking candidates with 2-3 years’ experience in communications & admin functions for trade or professional association, including writing responsibilities.
Communities in School
Healthcare & Education Development Officer – $44k – apply by June 21
Charles Koch Institute
- Senior Manager, External Relations
- Senior Media Strategist
- Creative Director, Marketing & Communications
- External Relations Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Senior Research Fellow
- Fall 2015 Intern opportunities (scroll to find)
Executive Director with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff – four day work-week culture proudly noted.
For folks interested in the advertising/marketing/branding segment, there are these opportunities with the Pappas_DMI, who we will credit with the first use of the sub_dash in their corporate title that we’ve seen.
Manager, Fundraising & Special Events – 3+ years of sales, fundraising and/or special event experience desired – Boston, MA
Children’s Law Center
- Communications Manager – successful candidate will have experience across digital media, from websites to e-mail systems to Facebook to Twitter & beyond.
- Development Manager – 3-5 years grant writing experience desired
- Policy Associate – strong policy research, writing & analytical skills required