And, don't forget this run of 27 previously noted opportunities closing in the coming week.
823) We have it on good authority that the American Institute of Architects is still actively seeking candidates for this Manager, Social Media opportunity – 3-4 years of professional experience in social media management of multiple channels required.
824-827) We’re always happy to flack fresh opportunities with our shade-making & city-greening friends at Casey Trees:
- Chief Operating Officer (pdf) – apply by Sept. 15
- Extension Arborist (pdf) – $45k-$50k – significant communications/outreach duties part of the process here
- Digital Media Production Intern (pdf) and Communications & Development Intern (pdf) – $12/hr
- spots on the Urban Forestry Crew (pdf) remain, as well – $11-$13/hr
829) We heard that centrist-oriented think tank Third Way has not yet filled the paid Communications Intern post noted – detail orientation, proofreading skills and research expertise all desired.
830) AARP - scroll to find Legislative Fellow and multiple recently-added DC-based Intern opportunities
831-832) Alzheimer’s Association
- Director, Major & Planned Giving, East Region
- Director of Marketing & Communications – Harrisburg, PA
Senior Associate Director, Policy Development
836) American Moving and Storage Association – Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Education
837) American Red Cross – Communications Intern
838) Association of Public and Land-grant Universities – Communications Manager
839) Bloomberg – Content Editor
840) Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Public Affairs Specialist – $107k-$139k – apply by Sept. 1 – note: this is a different listing than similarly-titled CMS post noted last Wednesday (706)
841) Concurrent Technologies – PR/Marketing Analyst
842) CTIA-The Wireless Association – Director, External Affairs
843) Defense Security Cooperation Agency – Legislative Management Specialist – $107k-$139k – apply by Sept. 3
844) Duke Energy – Director, Federal Government Affairs – apply by Aug. 25
845) Edelman PR – Account Exec, Corporate Affairs
846) George Mason University – Public Relations & Marketing Specialist/Event Coordinator – apply by Sept. 3
847-848) George Washington University
- Communications Associate, Undergraduate Admissions
- Assistant Vice President, Advancement Administration
- Associate Director for Development Communications/External Relations, Business School (35475BR)
- Communications & Outreach Manager, School of Design (36189)
- Digital Content Specialist (36795) – temporary to mid-Dec.
Publicist – see also main career page
855-857) Institute of International Finance
- Program Associate, Media Relations
- Policy Advisor, Regulatory Affairs
- Head of Insurance Regulation & Advocacy
859) Mystery international nonprofit – Senior Director, Strategic Communications – $125k
860) National Association of County & City Health Officials – Marketing and Communications Specialist for Programs – $51k-$53k
861) National Emergency Management Association – Government Relations Director
862) National Safe Boating Council – Communications Coordinator (pdf) – mid $40k – Manassas, Va.
863) National Wildlife Federation – Donor Stewardship Officer
864) Northern Virginia Community College – Director of Marketing – $87k-$120k
865) Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute – Program Associate, Stakeholder Engagement
866) Population Services International – Manager, External Relations & Communications
867) Porter Novelli – Vice President, Strategic Planning, Analytics and Research
868) Scitor Corp. – Strategic Communications Specialist
869) Smithfield Foods – Public Relations & Events Manager – Smithfield, Va.
870) St. John’s College – Vice President for Strategic Communications – Annapolis, MD – search managed by Isaacson, Miller
871) University of Maryland, Baltimore – Communications Specialist, School of Dentistry – apply by Sept. 8
872) University of Maryland University College – Director, Career & Alumni Services Communications
873) Virginia Dept. of Motor Vehicles – Communications Consultant – $42k-$55k – Richmond, Va. – apply by Aug. 25
874-875) Women Thrive Worldwide
Joe Theismann returns your local TV sets for Redskins preseason action, and football soon begins in earnest – which makes it the perfect time to try to make the roster as Chief Communications Officer for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation in Landsdowne, Va. – for those who don't know the name, here's a little more on The Squire.