One more note: we really think this New Yorker article on a potential dam collapse catastrophe in Iraq is pretty interesting reading. No, don't worry: we're not going to make did you see this neat article? a thing here.
Fri. a.m update: we just stumbled across this closing-soon part-time Communications Coordinator opportunity with the Virginia Association of Museums – $15-$20/hr – Richmond, Va. – apply by Dec. 31
another Fri. a.m. update: this Public Affairs Specialist opportunity with the U.S. Agency for International Development has now been listed as an open-to-all opportunity – $108k-$141k – apply by Jan. 6 – here's a link to the status-candidate listing we previously had, as well.
1) AARP – Director, Government Affairs/Health & Family
2-4) American University
- Events Coordinator, School of International Service – $21-$22/hr
- Event Planning Manager, School of Communication – $39k-$46k
- Video Editor – $55k-$70k
6-7) Children’s National Medical Center
Public Affairs Specialist – $108k-$141k – apply by Dec. 30
9) Federal Railroad Administration – Governmental Affairs Specialist – $64k-$100k – apply by Jan. 5
10-13) Inova Health System (search using job ID)
- Internal Communications Manager (24462BR)
- Corporate & Individual Gifts Director (23263BR)
- Development Officer (24106BR)
- Director, Institutional Giving (24088BR)
15) Kellen – Staff Associate
16-19) ManTech International Corp. (search using req ID) – Herndon, Va.
- Proposal Editor (87987BR)
- Senior Graphic Designer (87988BR)
- Senior Desktop Publisher (87989BR)
- Social Media Strategy Intern (88175BR and 88176BR)
21) National Association of Credit Management – Staff Writer – Columbia, MD
22) National Association of Insurance Commissioners – Government Relations Communications Strategist (scroll down; click in circled i to see details)
23) National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration – Public Affairs Specialist – $92k-$141k – apply by Jan. 2
24) Pew Charitable Trusts – Senior Associate, Health Impact Project
25) Pew Research Center – Research Assistant, Politics
26-27) PICO National Network
Development & Communications Assistant – temporary post through June 2017 – apply by Jan. 12
31) … and finally: we’re expecting you to hook us up with something fun if you successfully roll the dice on this Director of Communications gig at MGM Resorts' new National Harbor location – we’re actually happy MLife members and enjoyed a recent retreat to this fine MGM property.
32) … and finally, part 2: the Fair Lakes outpost of the Chick-fil-A empire has a spot on the menu for a Restaurant Marketing Director. Now we’re hungry.
33) … and finally, part 3: how does life in the upper reaches of the country helping support a lovely & wild place grab you? We think Executive Director (pdf) for the Glacier National Park Conservancy fits that bill very nicely; send us a postcard, OK? – Columbia Falls, MT – search managed by the Campbell Company
OK – that's is for 2016. Please celebrate safely and responsibly (and stylishly, too, if that's your thing). Best wishes for a lovely weekend and a stellar 2017 from your favorite™ public affairs jobs resource.