- Never give up. Don't despair when things look bleak, keep at it, and you're likely to get a good break or metaphorical lucky bounce that makes all the difference. You know, the same things your 5th grade P.E. instructor or J.V. basketball coach told you several years ago.
- Have Tom Brady and/or Bill Belichick help you with your job search; certainly couldn't hurt.
- We're just glad this whole thing is over so we can now fully concentrate on the Caps as well as the continuing what's going to happen w/ Kirk? drama (oh please, make it stop).
The Edison Electric Institute is in search mode for a Media Relations Manager (scroll down) with at least five years of applicable experience in communications, PR, journalism, or press-related experience on Capitol Hill or in an association, agency, corporation, or government setting; energy background a plus.
Gide Public Affairs is actively recruiting for this part-time Research Intern post suited for self-motivated, detail-oriented candidates with background and interest in public policy and state, local, or federal legislative process.
Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Director, Strategic Issues Campaign Communications
- Director, Federal Government Relations
- Manager, Federal Government Relations
- Coordinator, Alliance Development & Public Affairs
12+ years media relations experience in a major human service organization, public relations firm, government role or major corporation merits you consideration for Director, Thought Leadership & Media Relations (pretty neat title, we think) with hunger relief stalwart Feeding America – see also main career page
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace – Development/Fundraising Assistant – previous experience with fundraising and/or development & a strong interest in international affairs preferred – apply by Feb. 7
New with the Center for International Policy since our January think tank special:
Media Relations Director – up to 7 years’ experience in media relations within association, corporation, agency or government preferred.
- Senior Vice President, Media Relations
- Senior Editor, Digital Content
- Director, Content Production
- Content Writer/Editor
The American Immigration Council seeks Communications Associate with 3-5 years' experience in communications or journalism; bilingual skills and an understanding of multi-cultural communications deemed desirable.
Also new since the above-referenced think tank extravaganza at American Enterprise Institute:
- Development Assistant
- External Relations Associate
- Conference Assistant
- Conference Associate
- Video Editor
- Iran Analyst, Critical Threats Project – proficiency in Farsi required
- multiple Research Assistant (scroll to find) posts also available
Cruise Lines International Association – Director, Public Affairs – 10-15 years of strategic public affairs experience required, journalism background a plus.
Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore MD, except as noted:
- Development Coordinator, School of Advanced International Studies – $32k-$44k – DC-based
- Senior Associate Director of Development, School of Medicine
- Associate Director of Development, School of Medicine
- Senior Associate/Associate Director of Development, School of Public Health and another by that title
- Coordinator for Parent Programs & Giving – $16-$22/hr
National Association of Conservation Districts – Interns (scroll down) – interest in natural resources policy, environmental science, or agricultural fields preferred