- National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium – Public Policy Manager – Friday, Nov. 14
- Arms Control Association – Research Associate – Saturday, Nov. 15
- The Brookings Institution – Communications Coordinator – Sunday, Nov. 16
- Internship opportunity at the Project on Middle East Democracy from January-May, 2009. They are starting to review applications today, Nov. 10. They promise substantive work – not “answering phones or sorting mail” in their position description.
- Spring 2009 Internships – Ketchum PR - Students in this program will act as fully integrated members of account teams in one of four areas - Healthcare/Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health and Wellness, Social Marketing, or Public Affairs. Apply by Wednesday, Nov. 12.
- The International Association of Police Chiefs has an APB out for a Program Manager - Traffic Safety Programs. Suspect is believed to have experience with law enforcement, highway safety, homeland security and intelligence sharing. Salary range: $59k-$76k, apply by Wednesday, Nov. 12.
Genentech is seeking two qualified Group Manager or Associate Director candidates to help develop and execute public payer (i.e. Medicare) strategies. If you can identify and have experience with acronymed entities such as like HHS, CMS, AHRQ, IOM, NQF, BIO, CHI, and IAD* – this may be the job for you. Note: search Washington, DC location at link above to find listing. Bonus coverage: there are also additional non-DC government/regulatory affairs opportunities available by searching those categories.
Multiple opportunities are available at APCO Worldwide in a variety of account exec, media relations, new business development, and online communications roles. Note: scroll down page for listings.
Leader Communications would like to find a Web Developer to work with their spy-novel-sounding Information Resources Directorate – and to work on the so-cool Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency website. Needless to say, you’ll need to be able to attain a government security clearance to work here. Seriously – how great would it be to have Directorate and DARPA on the ol’ resume?
The American Association of Museums would like to add an E-Communications Editor to their collection. The Editor will build a strategic e-communications platform for the Association – while also producing a monthly e-newsletter and managing other online content and social media opportunities.
The US Commission on International Religious Freedom advertises three openings: Director of Research and Policy, Director of Government Relations, and General Counsel. This ten year old Federally-charted organization monitors the status of freedom of thought, conscience, and religion or belief abroad, and gives independent policy recommendations to the President, Secretary of State, and Congress.
Ernst & Young is looking for a Legislative and Regulatory Policy Associate Director (search using job # WAS0000F) with expert knowledge of laws affecting accounting profession, including tort reform, securities laws, tax laws, accounting firm structure, operations, and liability. The Associate Director will represent E&Y on public policy issues before Congress and regulatory agencies, and also provide liaison with Democratic Congressional and Senatorial Campaign Committee activities and provide general political and fund-raising support for Democratic Members of Congress.
Election season always makes you think of Ross Perot, right? Well – it does for me. So does this Director of Communications opportunity with Perot Systems for their EDUCATE IT Outsourcing program. Winning hire for HRP’s old firm will work with Department of Education and the Perot Systems team to enhance the EDUCATE program’s reputation and build stronger brand awareness and relationships with program stakeholders. If problems with that link, you can also search via Perot Systems main careers page here, as well.
Sensis Agency is a Los Angeles-based multi-cultural interactive-marketing/web-development firm specializing in helping clients reach Hispanic, African-American, Asian-American and GLBT consumers and business audiences. They require a Director of Government Business Development to work in DC identifying and securing government and related opportunities for the firm.
Healthcare-focused PR firm Spectrum Science Communications claims they are “always seeking dynamic professionals of all levels to serve our health care clients.” So why not drop them a line here?
How about Baltimore? You could be Communications Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital (search under “professional/management/physicians” category), developing and managing strategic hospital communications to employees, physicians, patients, and visitors. Besides the litany of communications competencies required, they helpfully inform us that “regular job attendance is an essential job function.”
Today's job-seekers resource: executive search giant Korn Ferry's Future Step employment site. Does not appear to have public affairs opportunities at this time - but we'll keep it on our watch list for now.
* ok, the last one – IAD – is the code for Dulles Airport. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.