Embassy of Japan – Political Researcher – $40k – apply by July 27
Smithsonian Institution – Information Technology Specialist – $60k-$79k – job ID 09A-RB-295375-TRF-NASM – July 27
US Postal Service – Public Relations Representative (search DC location and public affairs/communications category) – $59k-$102k – July 27
Inova Solutions – Marketing Communications Specialist – Charlottesville, Va. – July 27
Association for Public Television Stations – Grant Coordinator – July 28
Union of Concerned Scientists – Climate Campaign Assistant – July 28
Democratic Party of Georgia – Director of Communications – $40k-$45k – Atlanta, GA – July 29
- Global Warming Senior Legislative Representative – July 29
- Global Warming Senior Scientist – July 29
- Deputy Director of Development – July 30
- Foundations Relationship Officer – Aug. 1
Brookings Institution – Marketing Communications Manger – July 31
C. Fox Communications – Public Relations Associate (note: pdf link) – part time – July 31
Society for Public Health Education – Editor-in-Chief (note: pdf link) for Health, Education & Behavior – July 31
Serco – Public Relations Specialist (search using tracking code 30122 or communications/public relations category) – Virginia Beach, Va. – July 31
City of Portsmouth, Va. – Manager of Marketing and Communications – $51k – July 31
James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies – Senior Research Associate – July 31
Office of Financial Stability – Program Analyst – $73k-$113k – job ID 09-DO-557FXP – July 31
Current opportunities with the Alliance to Save Energy – Program Associate/Senior Program Associate, Education Team – low-$30k to mid-$40k – Aug. 1
The American Association for Homecare has a newly-created Senior Director of Government Affairs opportunity for candidates with at least 5 years of health care experience for legislative and regulatory work. We’ve done consulting work for these folks, and can attest to a genuinely friendly and close-knit office environment there. Convenient + close-to-Metro Crystal City location.
Montgomery County Public Schools, MD, the 16th largest school district in the US, seeks a seasoned, dynamic, and creative Director of Public Information to manage a fast-paced office responsible for coordinating media relations and internal and external system-wide communications. $106k-$135k – apply by Aug. 7.
The deadline for Fall Internships with the National Organization for Women (NOW) is soon – Aug. 7, to be exact.
Ketchum PR is casting about for a Social Media Strategist to help develop brand platforms and social media strategies for healthcare and consumer packaged goods clients. A proven understanding of the intersection/relationship between print, broadcast and social media, and significant experience with the consumer packaged goods industry are especially desired.
Xenophon Strategies is looking to add a CMS & Social Media Technical Manager to the roster. Successful candidate will be responsible for recommending, managing, and implementing web services including development, hosting, SEO, and content management implementation. Significant project management experience and technical skills are, quite understandably, required.
More opportunities with the stop-hunger advocates at Bread for the World:
- Vice President for Development & Membership – apply by July 31
- Coordinator, Membership Services
- Organizing Assistant
- Central Southern Field Organizer – Austin, TX – apply by July 31
We’ve recently featured several of these opportunities with the American Association of Medical Colleges – but their latest posting – Communications Specialist – is new to us, and maybe to you, too.
We’ve found some interesting jobs in the DC offices of General Electric – search DC location or job req listed:
- Admin Assistant – 1070316 – for government relations group
- Smart Washington DC Customer Alliance Leader – 1066958 – sales oriented, but there appears to be some opportunities to work w/ govt. relations peers, and perhaps your policy-related energy infrastructure/smart grid experience might be useful
- General Manager, GE Healthcare Government Accounts – 1043562 – also sales oriented, but they value military/government health sector experience
The latest from the always-hunting-talent-HR-dept. at the Pew Charitable Trusts:
- Deputy Director, Communications – Pew Center on the States
- Intern, Government Operations – Pew Environment Group
- And, they even have opportunities available on the aforementioned HR team: Senior Manager, Recruitment and Senior Manager, Human Resources
Get out the number 2 pencil – College Board opportunity is to your future as:
- two Director, State Government Relations slots: you searching under government relations category
- locations of said jobs: Southern and Western US
- you would rather check out NY-based communications/advocacy positions: so what’s stopping you?
- You think this whole thing is stupid: maybe you would prefer their SAT question of the day feature
- all of the above
anonymous international media development organization is seeking a motivated and energetic Public Policy Assistant. $30k-$36k salary band.
July-posted communications opportunities with Fannie Mae (search under Communications & Marketing Svs organization category or job number noted):
- Marketing Communications Specialist (23743)
- Communications Specialist (23918)
- Corporate Communications Specialist IV (23933)
You could join the cabal at Public Citizen as Online Communications Coordinator, if that’s your thing.
Your job search tool of the day: we've found a DC few jobs we haven't elsewhere on the Wall Street Journal careers page.