Defense Threat Reduction Agency – Deputy Chief, Legislative Affairs – $123k-$163k – job ID: DTRA-10-307793 – Jan. 18
Internal Revenue Service – Director, Web Services – $119k-$179k – job ID: ERB-SES-10-01 – New Carrollton, MD or Austin, TX – Jan. 19
National Park Service – Public Affairs Specialist – $60k-$79k – job ID: NPSWASO-HQ-10-299448 – Jan. 19
Pan American Health Organization – Advisor, External Relations – $5k/month – three month temporary position – Spanish language skills required; French or Portuguese helpful – Jan. 21
Maryland State Education Association – Managing Director for Communications & Program Services – $130k – Annapolis, MD – Jan. 22
Dept. of Veterans Affairs – Congressional Relations Officer – $86k-$133k – two positions available – job ID: PG-10-SCM-308938 – Jan. 22
Alliance for Global Education – Assistant Director for China Programs (pdf) – proficiency in Mandarin required – note: while a not-confidence-inducing March 2009 start date is currently listed at top, they later assert applications received by Jan 22, 2010 will be given priority
Let’s take a look at opportunities with General Dynamics:
- multiple Foreign Media Analyst positions (search keyword communications) – relevant language skills required – Norfolk, Va., Detroit, MI, Buffalo, NY & Houston, TX
- Senior Manager, Communications (search job category Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations) – Charlotte, NC
- Research Analyst, Government Practice (42457) – successful candidate will have achieved exceptional academic performance in top-tier graduate school.
- Executive Assistant, Government Practice (42563) - undergrad degree with a minimum of 3 to 6 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a C-level executive required
We’re pretty impressed and maybe even fascinated by the website of Atlanta & Tampa-located advertising/marcom collective 22squared. So maybe it’s a neat place to work, too:
- Associate Digital Media Director – Atlanta, GA
- Associate Media Director – Atlanta, GA
- Creative Director – Atlanta, GA
- Digital Media Director – Atlanta, GA
- Field Director – Atlanta, GA
- Media Planner – Atlanta, GA
- Art Director – Tampa, FL
- Associate Digital Media Director – Tampa, FL
Time to time-shift with the National Association of Homebuilders:
- Online Content Administrator – with a forward-thinking or maybe-terrifying-look-into-the-future 3/24/2010 posting date – manages the online editorial voice for NAHB, and will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, defining, repurposing and creating original content for web & social media efforts.
- Director, Financial Institutions & Capital Markets – this 11/11/2009-posted opportunity is for an experienced professional to research, monitor and analyze legislative, regulatory and housing industry issues related to financial institutions, housing production financing, mortgage capital markets and GSEs – and, if you think it’s too late to apply, please note this recent ad.
- Deputy Editor, TheAtlantic.com
- Director of Digital Strategy & Operations
- Marketing Manager, AtlanticLIVE
- Programming & Content Assistant
- Reporter, CongressDaily
- Reporter/Producer, NextGov.com
- Internships and additional admin/HR/sales jobs also available
- Director, Diagnostics Communications – media relations and public affairs experience required; knowledge of the in vitro diagnostics industry preferred
- Executive Director, AdvaMedDx – ideal candidate will have proven record of accomplishment in leading strategic, comprehensive, and proactive public policy initiatives; advocacy experience at the Congressional and Administration level is critical
Would you think this circa-August ‘09 Media Communications Coordinator opportunity with the Children’s Partnership could possibly still be available? Sure looks that way.
Beacon Hill Staffing is looking to place you in an incredible opportunity for a recent college graduate who has been out of school for at least a year, and is looking for a challenging, project-oriented role with an unknown medical research/public health organization as Program Assistant (search DC location). Temp-to-hire position, $40k-$45k.
DC-based crisis management & public affairs firm with a national reputation seeks resumes from individuals with strong media/political connections and skills.
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research seeks Project Associate to work with company principals and analysts to manage survey data, conduct statistical analysis, and provide strategic guidance to clients. Successful hire will be extremely detail-oriented and possess experience with a statistical software package (SPSS, STATA or other applicable software). Field Intern position also currently available, paying $8.50/hr.
Civic engagement advocate AmericaSpeaks seeks Executive Assistant for their innovator/adventurer President. Extra credit for Mac users.
The DC Labor FilmFest, one of the only labor-themed film festivals in the world, is looking for a part-time Intern with a strong interest in film and/or labor. Ten hrs/wk – $12/hr – January-June 2010.